Aquilla vs milford

Blum vs Penelope - - - Blum by 51.67
Bynum vs Avalon - - - Bynum by 15.24
Milford vs Aquilla - - - Aquilla by 28.47
Trinidad vs Abbott - - - Abbott by 47.78

Milford has only won one game this season. I would not get too excited over the victory. I guess that's what happens when your team is never on top. I would expect nothing less from a "river rat" fan! LOL

mj1522":3qo7mo8w said:
Milford has only won one game this season. I would not get too excited over the victory. I guess that's what happens when your team is never on top. I would expect nothing less from a "river rat" fan! LOL
What happened rabbit? Your team not do good enough to brag about them so you decide to put down Aquilla? At least the Cougars made the spread! Rofl! Maybe they will give you bragging rights next week.
Later Rabbit!

easy there cowboyp. the spread isnt always 100% accurate. big thing is both teams won and it should be a good aquilla-abbott game this year. pressure will be on.

cleverunicorn73":2zw3mtjx said:
easy there cowboyp. the spread isnt always 100% accurate. big thing is both teams won and it should be a good aquilla-abbott game this year. pressure will be on.
I can't help myself. He makes it so easy that the temptation can't be resisted.
Goodluck to all,( except Rabbitboy ). Lol

MJ, I am a fan of 6 man football, and have traveled around Central Texas the past couple of years watching several teams from Central Texas play. I have no affiliation to any six man school, as a matter of fact I graduated from a 5A school, just fell in love with the game of six man football. I have seen Bynum, Abbott and Aquilla play this year (unfortunately I have not seen Penelope), I have to honestly say that Aquilla is definitely the team to beat, followed closely behind is Bynum. When Abbott played Milford, they had 3 starters hurt (one being All Stater Buckaloo #9), you guys barely beat Milford in a game that was nothing but offense, not much defense on either side. I also saw Blum and Abbott play and it was one of the sloppiest games of six man football I have ever witnessed! If Blum had not had 2 touchdowns called back and turned the ball over 5 times, that would have beat Abbott pretty bad. (#2 the panthers running back) ws contained all night long. The penalties were alot to a little and that hurt Blum also. Bynum has a very good running back and a good coaching staff, that has made the Bulldogs believe they can accomplish anything, and that is a scary thing to go up against, these Bulldogs have some serious heart!!! After seeing the Cougars go deep into the playoffs last year, I really felt like they might struggle this year without their star runningback, but that could not be farther than the truth. The Cougars have a fast, hard hitting defense that teams have trouble scoring against. They rush the QB on every play and make it hard for any QB to have time set up a play correctly.Teams find out they cant run against them very well, so they pass and quickly find out they have a tall, quick safety(#3) who is getting intereceptions in every game, even returned a couple for TD's. Their offense has 2 very quick running backs who can run and catch passes with ease (#10 & #21), and has racked big yardage every game. They have a freshman (#18 I believe), who is very quick and big, he is a big part of the defense as well. There are many other good players, these are the ones I can remember their numbers, but they subs that come in and do the job just like a starter. The Cougars not only have talent, but this team has great attitudes and alot of HEART. I heard more than one Milford player make the remark that Aquilla had the best defense they had faced all year, and that they were in their face all night. This was the first game all year that Milford played the whole game with their starters and they gave it all they had! It was nice for their coaching staff and fans to tell the Aquilla fans and team that had a heck of a team and good luck on the rest of the season, so nice to see good sportmanship from a team that had just been manhandled from the kickoff. I think the Abbott-Aquilla game will be a good game, however I think the Bynum- Aquilla game will be better. I think some of you are going to be suprised when you see what kind of team the Cougars have. And let's not forget...the Cougars have home field advantage against Abbott, and Defensive Genius Coach Cooper on the sidelines....ENOUGH SAID!!!!

All I will say is time will tell and I promise you Abbott will make the playoffs. Coach Crawford will have his team in check and focused come district play. District 14 is without doubt the most evenly matched district. I would not count out Penelope and Bynum is improving. The only advantage Aquilla has is home field when they play Abbott. All four teams would make the playoffs in any other district. Just remember in sixman speed is more important than size and Abbot has lots of it!

Sorry MJ, they have one more advantage, one of the BEST defensive coach's in six man football, who just happened to coach previously at Abbott and knows most of the players and the way Crawford thinks most of the time. Yea, Abbott does have a couple of really fast players, but in time, you will see Aquilla has a few more really fast players than the panthers, and they definitely have the edge on size. Your right, any four of the teams in District 14 would probably make the playoffs in any other district, that's why I love to watch the teams of this district play. You might want to be careful what you "guarantee" in hs football, I know Abbott's pride was hurt when they didn't make playoffs last year, but these are still kids and anything can happen. I wouldn't take a single game in this district lightly, anybody can beat anybody, should they, no but it's not impossible. Can't wait for district to start, the 2 teams that bring it each week of district and take care of the ball will be the 2 teams that advance to the playoffs.....hold on boys, it's gonna be a fun ride.

Back