Alternatives to HUDL

coach_jshelton

Six-man fan
At $8k a year, HUDL is no longer a viable option for our budget. I've swapped film through dropbox with people in the past, but I'm not a fan. Could any coaches give me some feedback on some alternatives to HUDL that y'all have experience with that are more around the $4k / year or less? Do those options exist any more? If not I may be in the market for DVD burner lol. thanks
Coach Shelton

Having never used HUDL, or anything like it, I'm curious what features they provide that something like just uploading to YouTube wouldn't?

We are using Qwikcut this year. It’s pretty comparable to Hudl for half the price of football $450. They often run specials to get extra storage as well. We have 200 hours of storage for half of what we paid on hudl. It has almost all the same features as classic hudl. Film exchange is annoying with having to send download links but it’s manageable.

Mike the biggest reason for something like this over hudl is the ability to have the film already broken up in cutups for you, and have breakdown data to go with the video. You can do those things with YouTube but it would require a lot more work.

Mike, I break film down & it makes it easy to see tendencies, although it takes 4+ films to see true tendencies. I can also share it with my players, I only share playlists because we don't have a lot of time to devote to film sessions & kids don't know what to look for on films on their own. Plus HUDL is just easier because we've all gotten hooked on it. I'll check out qwikcut - does it have options for BBall/VB?

Last edited:
At $8k a year, HUDL is no longer a viable option for our budget. I've swapped film through dropbox with people in the past, but I'm not a fan. Could any coaches give me some feedback on some alternatives to HUDL that y'all have experience with that are more around the $4k / year or less? Do those options exist any more? If not I may be in the market for DVD burner lol. thanks
Coach Shelton
We have Hudl and pay $2500 total for football, volleyball, boys basketball and girls basketball. $8k is way too much!

We pay $5K for HUDL...football, g/b basketball (with HUDL assist). And that's with all the bells and whistles. Not sure why they would be charging $8K.

Vidswap coach!

250 for the service. 400 extra if you want them to break it down. Currently I wouldnt suggest breakdowns until they get the yardage fixed for 6 man.

For football, g and b basketball (with breakdowns) and volleyball by its self it was 2200 for the year. The basketball breakdowns are good.

We pay 5K and just as Coach Jones said that is with all the bells and whistles, assist, unlimited teams, and camera systems. You may want to reach out to a rep and have them requote it for you.

Hey Guys. I am pricing around for our first purchase for videos. HUDL rep told me that they do not offer Assist for 6 man. Is that your experience? I plan to try it out for the rest of basketball season for the boys alongside one of the alternatives mentioned for my girls to make a decision for next year. Thanks!

For some reason they do not offer Hudl assist for 6 man football. Our basketball coaches love assist. I sure wish they did offer assist for 6man.

HUDL assist would be nice, but I’ve had some 11am buddies say that they mess things up quite a bit. Apparently basketball is a little easier to break down than football.

Back