All-District awards

One person doesn't decide how this happens, district champ or not. All selections are voted on by ADs/HCs. I wouldn't be so quick to judge the ND coach either, a lot goes on those meetings you might not have heard, or at least heard an unbiased account of.

IMO if there are only two voting and you are debating i dont see why they would not have just gotten co everything unless the WC coach just decided not to do that. I would say do it that way and stick it to the coach that wants it the other way and if he doesnt agree it doesnt matter two votes get counted no matter what it has to be that way.

It is traditional not to release all-district football lists until the last team from that district is eliminated from the playoffs.

TAPPS will probably post the all district selections once all-state has been determined (I think that meeting will be next Tuesday).

Not sure what the hubbub is here, but TAPPS always advises folks to be certain they have RANKED their all-district selections in order of priority. If there are, for example, 3 wide receivers given first-team status, the #1 ranked player must be considered first and must be selected before the #2 player can go on the board.

I've seen several instances where a district's poor decision blocked a deserving player from all-state honors.

Back