A big thanks to my friends

JessRoberts

11-man fan
To my friends in the coaching community: I have decided to step away from coaching and teaching and join the oil field rush in Denver City. I've spoken to several of you over the past couple of months about my plans, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank every coach who has helped me along over the past 10 years. From Coach Mark Dominguez, who got me back into six man football when he was at Sanderson and showed me the ins and outs of being an AD, and Coach Trey Richey who taught me a lot about the 2-3 defense and life, to Coach Vance Jones who has been an amazing mentor for several years on and off the field, I express my deepest and most sincere appreciation. I will miss Friday nights and Saturday mornings, bringing first-year coaches along and imparting some sort of wisdom that someone else bestowed upon me. I can't say I will miss basketball season....but I will certainly miss track season and the camaraderie I had with Coaches Chris Virdell, Jourmain Matta, John Benavidez, and Joel Natividad. I always tried to have the backs of Coaches who I thought did it the right way (Shannon Williams), knowing that when things were tough, they had mine. I will miss the success stories and the kids who did everything they could to get better than the man across from them. I will miss coaching side-by-side with my wife, although now we both won't be coaching, and she'll probably wish I wasn't around so much. I look forward to spending more time with my young daughters and watching my son grow up in college, and maybe even doing a little backyard coaching with my own kids. Again, I appreciate all the good times with the circle of coaches that I called my friends, and if anyone ever breaks down up around Denver City, feel free to give me a call any time.
Jess Roberts
432-967-5215

Coach Roberts

Thanks for sharing. I know it was a hard decision and you have shown a lot of class... The six man nation has lost an asset but more than that the kids that learn from educators much more than reading writing and arithmetic lost a mentor. Thank you for being an asset to all of our futures. We wish you luck and for your family..

The Red Devil Nation

Back