A 15 yard penalty on the band ...

freeagent

Six-man pro
I guess this ain't something we gotta worry about in six-man ...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high ... 006543.php

SAN ANTONIO — Two hundred and eighty Madison students were called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty Saturday, when a referee threw a flag on the Mavericks' band for “excessive band noise.”

Then, the Madison football team gave the band plenty of reason to keep playing.

After the third-quarter band penalty was part of an O'Connor scoring drive that cut Madison's lead to two points, the Mavericks scored the last 27 points of the game in a 49-20 victory over the Panthers.

The 27-point spurt included an interception return for a touchdown by Colton Krejci in the Class 5A Division I second-round win in front of about 6,000 at the Alamodome.

“That penalty got our players fired up and our fans, too,” Madison coach Jim Streety said. “That's why people come to see the games — you never know what's going to happen. I've never seen that before.”

Madison led 22-14 when the penalty was called at the beginning of an O'Connor (8-4) scoring drive, capped by a Nate Phillips TD catch.

The Mavericks (9-3) responded with a 40-yard TD run by Dominique Daniels a minute later, then Krejci's interception and a 39-yard scoring run by Daniels. Madison's 27 points came in a seven-minute span.

Daniels rushed for 126 yards and two TDs, while quarterback Cody Ennis was 12-of-20 passing for 204 yards and two TDs while rushing for 110 yards and two scores.

“We never heard of that penalty before, and it pumped us up,” Ennis said. “Our team theme this week was momentum, and that and Colton's pick gave it to us.”

Zach Galindo led O'Connor by passing for 304 yards and two TDs to Phillips, along with a rushing score. His favorite target, Billy Craft, had eight catches for 97 yards. Galindo finishes his high school career with 5,612 passing yards, including 2,902 this season.

Madison receiver Ja'Michael Brown had six catches for 148 yards and two TDs, all in the first half, as the Mavericks avenged a 2012 state quarterfinal loss to O'Connor at the Alamodome, a 52-49 Panthers win.

The Mavericks move on to play Mission Sharyland (12-0) at 2 p.m. Friday at Buccaneer Stadium in Corpus Christi. The Madison band will be there in full force.

“We like to play loud, and our players and fans love it,” Madison band director Philip Flynn said. “We feel like we have a big part in the game, but you never see a consequence like that.”

Flynn tried to apologize to Streety after the game. Streety responded, “No, great job. Keep doing what you do.”

[email protected]

That would be like a six-man fan complaining about the propane air horns that go off. Pretty annoying if you're on the losing end of the score, but definitely a great part of the game. I love em.

Pretty annoying if your just there to watch a good game. I have seen some sixman schools have bands that probably should be penalized 15 yards for just being there.

Blue Bird":r11vkmyu said:
With a little bit of luck those air horns won't be in Jerry's stadium.
I can handle the horns its the cans full of ball berrings bells and all that other crap... if they would just find a place to sit and them all together I will move to another hahahahaha

I know of one really nice air horn that won't be making the trek to AT&T Stadium. But, there is another pretty good one that has a chance of being there.

Back