6 on 6 summer championship 7/7..Bryson?

jbcowboy

11-man fan
OK gentlemen, Let's try to start this back up. I talked to a few schools and a few officials from THSMCA. I want to get a championship for summer 6 on 6 passing going. From what i understand it will be on us as schools this year to get it going and then hopefully bring it up at general meeting to try and get it hosted during the clinic week next year (not this year). I have concluded that though i wanted to have state qualifier tournaments (like 7 on 7), to start this back up is to this summer host a 1 day 16 team 3 game guarantee tournament in Bryson. I am open to other neutral locations. We can get 4 games going at once at our place, I love the idea of qualifying tournaments and hopefully we can get host schools next summer but for this year lets just say start with 16 teams (first come first serve) to enter and then use qualifying tournaments next year if this takes off. I've talked with several prominent men in the association and they love the idea but again late notice so its on us. Bryson is not looking to make $ on this. Just to cover officials so keep it as cheap as possible. We have lodging on both sides of us within 15 miles with Graham and Jacksboro if needed but again 1 day tourney with four fields going so after interest we can knock out a schedule. I'm in contact with the chapter to see if they can officiate games but if we wanted to cut cost even more we could have only one official on each field with a coach dropping a flag for rush.

Contact [email protected] or 940-456-2552 for more detials

So far teams are:

Bryson
Gorman
Jonesboro

Unfortunately, for the third year in a row, we can't make this happen. Not enough teams interested. Maybe next year. We are down to 6 teams now and i wouldn't really want to call it a state championship that way. So it will be cancelled.

jbcowboy":3v0f96fr said:
Unfortunately, for the third year in a row, we can't make this happen. Not enough teams interested. Maybe next year. We are down to 6 teams now and i wouldn't really want to call it a state championship that way. So it will be cancelled.

I am sad to see this happen but I know this year.....this is right before two a days start. I would hate to see guys get injured right before the season starts. The season will always be more important. You might try doing this closer to the end of May or June. You might have more success in making this happen.

Back