2018 Week 5 Players of the Week

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Player of the Week – Week 5
RJ Washington – Baytown Christian – 21-24 for 389 yards, 5 touchdowns passing
Baytown Christian quarterback had a big night in a game that received much hype in the private school sector as Baytown defeated Austin Veritas 53-28 vaulting Baytown up to the #1 spot in the TAPPS DII rankings. Worth mentioning here is that Washington’s favorite target on the night was Jordan Luke who hauled in 10 passes for 237 yards and three touchdowns receiving.

baytown.jpg

Honorable Mentions:
Isaac Ovideo – Veribest – 13-246 yards, 5 touchdowns rushing; 6 tackles
Ovideo averaged 18.92 yards per carry and scored five times on his 13 carries, amazing efficiency that is worthy of an honorable mention nod here as Veribest beat Panther Creek 39-19.

Kyler Degan – Motley County – 30-408 yards, 10 touchdowns rushing
This was Degan’s second straight week rushing for over 400 yards, this time with 10 touchdowns (to last week’s eight) as the Matadors knocked off another tough division one opponent in Paducah 86-60.

Devin Williams – Zephyr – 2 touchdowns rushing, 1 touchdown receiving, 2 touchdowns passing, 1 fumble returned for a touchdown, 7 total PAT points scored; 11 tackles
In a one-point game Devin Williams scored 31 points and had a hand in 12 more points for the Bulldogs as they defeated May 55-54 in the Brown County Rivalry game.

Ethan Parson – Spur – 10-13 for 252 yards, 1 touchdown passing; 15-114 yards, 3 touchdowns rushing; 6 tackles
Parson racked up some total yardage as he helped lead the Spur Bulldogs past the Ropes Eagles 66-50.

Bennie Wright – Cranfills Gap – 20-227 yards, 4 touchdowns rushing; 1-1 for 33 yards passing; 11 tackles
Wright played a big role in the Lions hard fought 51-40 win over Bynum eclipsing the 200-yard mark rushing as the Gap moves to 3-2 on the season.

Jason Cox – Rochelle – 19-122 yards, 6 touchdowns rushing; 3-3 for 44 yards, 2 touchdowns passing; 8 tackles
The Freshman came up big for the Hornets scoring six touchdowns and throwing for two more in Rochelle’s 68-18 for their first win of the season.

Brandon Brinkman – Blackwell – 8-16 for 206 yards, 4 touchdowns passing; 17-84 yards 2 touchdowns rushing; 10 tackles
Brinkman had his best game to date this season for the Hornets as they clipped a tough DI Hermleigh squad on the road in Hermleigh 64-35.

Reilly Czubinski, Dell City-6 rushes, 130 yards, 4 TD; 8 of 14 passing, 158 yards, 2 td; 20 yard fumble recovery TD; 50 yard KO Return TD; 11 tackles, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 4 passes defensed

I thought this information due by noon on Wednesdays? I sent my information this morning by 8:30.

Myles McCord - Lifegate Christian School vs Austin Royals
22 rushing attempts for 237 yards & 6 TDs
13 passing attempts for 68 yards & 1 TD
2 interceptions - 1 for PICK 6
19 tackles

Luke Landin - Lifegate Christian School vs Austin Royals
1 passing TD
7 PATs made

tippitx":2mc8cusc said:
I thought this information due by noon on Wednesdays? I sent my information this morning by 8:30.

Myles McCord - Lifegate Christian School vs Austin Royals
22 rushing attempts for 237 yards & 6 TDs
13 passing attempts for 68 yards & 1 TD
2 interceptions - 1 for PICK 6
19 tackles

Luke Landin - Lifegate Christian School vs Austin Royals
1 passing TD
7 PATs made

Yes that is the absolute last second reprieve deadline, but I did not get an email or message from you this morning with that information. This POW needs to be up online by noon on Wed, so the sooner they are sent in the better.
[email protected]

I did miss adding in one player to the HMs! Big Apologies to Morgan HS and Morgan Crawford!

Michael Crawford - Morgan - 8-300 yards, 5 TDs rushing; 1-1-0 for 58 yards, 1 TD passing; 1 fumble recovery
That's a whopping 37.5 yards a carry!

Back