THROCKMORTON DIV 1 2011 STATE CHAMPS!

Yep, not bad for a little old eastern team that couldn't break the top 5 rankings of the "West Texas Powerhouses" . . . LOL!

Congratulations to Throckmorton and Coach Reed. He is truly one of the good guys and up until yesterday, was the best 6-man coach to never win it. Can't say that now. Also, kudos to the people of Throckmorton for making the decision several years back to make the move to 6-man. I bet you couldn't find one person in town today that misses that other brand of football.

Congratulations to coach reed and the Throckmorton football team. Great season, 100th win and a state championship. Enjoy, you all deserved it today. Take care and God bless!! Embrace and enjoy every moment. Glad we got to be a part of this special time as well!! Coach Reed you are a true champion and a class act. TR

Congrats T-Rock. Maybe the East will get more respect now. Great season and enjoy your championship. Congrats to Borden County also for an admirable season.

A big ole fat congrats to Mike J. I iz happy, happy, happy fer yew and yur kids and yur coaches. Yew iz one fine feller and one fine coach. All the best.

I admit, I was one of the ones that thought Throckmorton had no chance of winning this game. I went as far as to say that it didn't matter who came out of the East because they would be fodder for the West representative. I was wrong, I admit it. Throckmorton played well and deserve any and all accolades bestowed upon them. I've got to say though, I've seen Ft. Davis, Garden City, Sands, Rankin, Ira, Sterling City, Throckmorton, Water Valley, Borden County and Motley County play this year and I believe Richland Springs is far and away better than any of them. What they did to the Matadors... wow!

Goob":3qly6inr said:
A big ole fat congrats to Mike J. I iz happy, happy, happy fer yew and yur kids and yur coaches. Yew iz one fine feller and one fine coach. All the best.
I wonder if his G-parents,
Ace hardware,
Fish's Oasis,
or any of the fine folks in Gordon,
would have bet on this back when
Reed was 16??
LOL!
Just goes to show the possibilities
of any of our lil' darlins'!!!
Or any of us,
as far as that goes!

Thanks for your leadership, Coach!

Congratulations to all the players and coaches on earning those rings! Coach Reed, I don't recall ever meeting you but you taught my kids at Strawn. They thought you were mean. I thought "all right, he's making them do what they're supposed to." Thank you & congratulations again.

Back