RIP Coach....

I just heard that. I got to know him over the last couple of years and I can tell you he was a wealth of knowledge, and a good man. He will be missed by many.

Great man. Stayed with his family in Whitharral one night back in '96. I went up to catch the Whit at Laz game. He made me attend the pep rally and treated me like a dignitary. After the game I met the team at Leal's in Muleshoe.

I always enjoyed spending time in person or on the phone with him in the old days. He will be missed....

BTW, his son Chris dropped me a line a few minutes ago, thanking everyone for the kind words....

Gerry was a great Christian man who set an example for many. While I was at Silverton and Throckmorton he went out of his way to meet me and let me gather some great information from him. He was definitely an offensive guru that knew the game well. My prayers are with his family. Gerry, you will be missed by many.

I thank all of you for respecting my father and easing our pain in his passing - he was a great man and hopefully made great contributions to the lives of the kids he coached - I know he loved them all like family and he is really pissed about not being able to coach right now ;) He loved you all - Six Man Football was his passion and he loved it & everything it involved.

Back