Rankin vs T-Rock

Old_dirty_D

11-man fan
I cannot wait to be at this game Saturday night! Smash mouth power house Rankin vs a physic and talented Throckmorton team, I would be crazy to try and call this game anything less than an instant classic. Trock has to shut down an amazing rushing attack and rankin faves an all around well shaped shootout team in T Rock. Whoever wins this wins state I'm calling it.

This will be a fun week at school.

I'm a graduate of Rankin (very proud graduate, I might add), and another coach on staff is a proud graduate of Throckmorton. Let the smack talk begin.

Good luck to both teams. Both are very talented and very we'll coached. Should be one helluva game.

I've seen both teams play this year and Rankin has a strong rushing game and Michum is an ATHLETE but the other aspects of the team are not enough to take down Throck. Farquhar or however it is spelled is gonna be tough to stop. Throck by 30.

As Bill said, T'rock will be BACK-to-BACK D1 Texas Six-Man State Champions!

I'm not a fan of either team but a fan of 6man and familiar with both of these programs. After doing a little research on the teams this year I feel that Throck may just have the edge. So I am going have to say Throck by 26 unless Rankin brings back Avalos then Throck by 25.

coachjdjones":27n2cw20 said:
This will be a fun week at school.

I'm a graduate of Rankin (very proud graduate, I might add), and another coach on staff is a proud graduate of Throckmorton. Let the smack talk begin.

Good luck to both teams. Both are very talented and very we'll coached. Should be one helluva game.
I'snt Danny Davis the Superintendent at Rankin ? He head coached the 2005 State Champ Greyhound team. He is a great man that i have the utmost respect for !!!

I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Throckmorton went home in the quarters for the first time in a few years.

Rankin doesn't seem to care what mascot is on the run-out tunnel of the other team.

Tallman":cyom00nm said:
Don't crown throck just yet. If they get past Rankin they get a very solid Valley team that seem to be on a mission.

Tallman":cyom00nm said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to us last year against Throck. We wound up playing the equivalent of four championship games before we ever got to the finals. Not much use playing the title game , just go ahead and crown the west champ. No use embarassing the east.

Make up your mind Tallman. Either Throck has "it" or not.

My mind is made up queerbill. throck was not even the best team we played last year, that honor goes to Rankin. We just did not have any gas in the tank when we got to finals. Is that clear enough for you?

So what your saying is.... Iffin one of us tree lovin, no football playin, easterners WERE to win, its cause all yew sand eatin, monster beast, westerners wuz dun wore out from beatin up on each other. Pre-emptive excuses, I like it!

I have full respect for Rankin and how Coach Davis has done with them. I also have a ton of repect for Throckmorton and Coach Reed. I have not seen Rankin play this year but I know that Coach Davis knows the game. Throckmorton had an unbelievable performance when 45ing Water Valley and that makes me favor them at the moment. But if Rankin proves me wrong I think they will go on to win state. And tallman i think its funny how Throckmorton won State last year and 45 a strong water valley team but they still don't have "it". Both Rankin and Throck have "it" this year thats for sure

Hornkeeper's really a steer so let me spell it out for you. If you had seen any of the west playoff games last year you would know it was blood and guts, smashmouth, 4 quarters, and no rest for the starters all the way. No excuses, thats just the way it was.

Tallman":1xpricjz said:
My mind is made up queerbill. throck was not even the best team we played last year, that honor goes to Rankin. We just did not have any gas in the tank when we got to finals. Is that clear enough for you?
That being said.. They bested your team. No gas in the tank is just as good as any reason to be beat by a better team I suppose..
Sup with the name callin Genius? You out of your element with intelligent conversation?

Tallman":27d27njl said:
Hornkeeper's really a steer so let me spell it out for you. If you had seen any of the west playoff games last year you would know it was blood and guts, smashmouth, 4 quarters, and no rest for the starters all the way. No excuses, thats just the way it was.
Yea Keeper. Don't you understand? That's TOTALLY different than the way our Playoffs in the East are...
I just wonder what the excuse will be now that Throck is in the west... I wonder if Throck will be able to "adapt" to the smash mouth, blood & guts style of the West???

Regardless of the "it" factor games usually come down to turnovers and which defense can come up with some stops. I havent seen Rankin play this year but I have seen Throckmorton play and have had the pleasure of watching Coach Reed's teams over the years and they will be prepared both mentally and physically. It should be a great game and it stinks that all the great programs are out west this year. If I had to choose I would pick Throck to win it. They seem to be on a mission and an early season loss to me is a motivational factor. Good Luck Coach Reed!

After watching Throck last Saturday, I will be very surprised if they don't win state again. They looked like they have a complete team in every phase of the game.

Back