Rankin JB question

fbfan2018

11-man fan
Ok correct me if this is wrong
Student leaves Stanton, enrolls at SC
Did family move?
JB takes job at Rankin
Did family move?

If their sole residence is Rankin then WHY is he not able to play varsity after 15 days?

HELP ME UNDERSTAND

fbfan2018":2o0ikcmd said:
Ok correct me if this is wrong
Student leaves Stanton, enrolls at SC
Did family move?
JB takes job at Rankin
Did family move?

If their sole residence is Rankin then WHY is he not able to play varsity after 15 days?

HELP ME UNDERSTAND

Because of his last name and who his daddy is. He could play if he were Landon Jones, Landon Smith, or Landon Sanchez.

The first shame is the local DEC. I wonder who the Chair is and how the district supts voted? Wouldve been interesting to sit in that meeting. What an awful deal for Landon and his family! Sometimes you just need to do what is right.

If you look at the video of the UIL committee meeting, there were several things that caught my attention. The first was the old white haired retired superintendent member who seemed to have his mind made up before there was anything presented to the committee. While the Burkhart's were testifying, he was shuffling through papers on his desk of future hearings. And he voted against the appeal.

The actual "throwing under the bus" came from the Rankin Superintendent who was the DEC chair of both the Football and Basketball. He recused himself from the District meeting (I assume that he didn't want to be involved in a great little player coming to his school?), and turned the District meeting over to the vice chair, that little girl who had not a clue how to even hold the meeting. I mean from her testimony, she did not know "Come Here from Sic'em"! And the District Committee did not even take a vote! They just sent it to the UIL.

The third catch was the Sterling City Superintendent testifying about the Burkharts enrolling Landon in school, stating that student safety was the reason, and that the Burkharts did exactly what they said they would do. And then when they got jobs and moved to Rankin, he changed his mind and checked the box on the form to the UIL that said Landon had gone to Rankin for Athletic purposes?!
What a crock!

No one is talking about Jerry not reporting to his boss about not showing up to practices. That was discussed in the hearings, but everyone wants to bash the UIL. Or how Jerry talks about fulfilling his duties as an AD 100% yet 2 minutes later talks about missing practices. He contradicts himself multiple times during the hearing.

I am not head hunting Jerry, I just want to point out that there are at least two sides to every story, if you want to know what happens during the meeting just watch it online.

We will never know what happened there in Stanton because quite frankly it’s none of our business.

Burkhart’s are safe and sound in their new home, and that’s what their priority was. Sucks for Landon, but the UIL denies request like these 67% of the time.

If they moved for safety reasons then why did Stanton super check ‘for athletic purposes?” Also, why is it safety when the alleged student was placed inDAEP. Let’s face it, Burkhart was losing and his kid was struggling in 11 man so he moved. That’s athletic reasons. Bravo UIL. The system worked.

jimnedder":b7v8xccd said:
If they moved for safety reasons then why did Stanton super check ‘for athletic purposes?” Also, why is it safety when the alleged student was placed inDAEP. Let’s face it, Burkhart was losing and his kid was struggling in 11 man so he moved. That’s athletic reasons. Bravo UIL. The system worked.

There is no way to prove what you are saying at all! You are judging INTENTION without any proof. Telling people to trust in the intentions of a superintendent with a grudge is not convincing at all. Honestly, many of them are very very petty.

There will always be doubters, naysayers, and skeptics, as well as supporters on any subject concerning a public figure. I know the Burkharts to be concerned and loving parents. I also know them to be concerned and intense about all athletic endeavors. That is one reason that Jerry has been successful in his chosen field. There are many who applaud a coach for his first championship run and want that coach nominated for Coach of the Year! After the second, they always think something has to be fishy. And if the third comes around, it is "CHEATER, CHEATER, CHEATER"! There are some posters on this site who absolutely hate Jerry because his is a winner and they aren't. They slam him, and then try to say they don't really have anything against him?!

As one poster stated, the UIL hearing seemed to be more about Jerry taking a job at Rankin than it was about whether or not Landon should be eligible to play sports. One committee member in conversing with the Rankin Superintendent voiced his concern about Rankin recruiting Jerry?! And voted against Landon.

Kid can’t control where his dad takes his job . Which will always be for a coaching job so coaching is for athletics. I’m guess no coaches kid can go where his dad goes since he will have to sit a year each time is dad changes jobs

One _pac2018":3iedr6h9 said:
Kid can’t control where his dad takes his job . Which will always be for a coaching job so coaching is for athletics. I’m guess no coaches kid can go where his dad goes since he will have to sit a year each time is dad changes jobs

Only affects the kid if the previous employer marks “moved for athletic purposes.” If they don’t, kid is good to go.

Depends on how the previous employer sees it. If they think they moved for the kids athletic purposes, they may mark it. If they think they moved for the father’s/mother’s job, then they may not mark it. It’s on the previous employer.

Back