MNF: Packers at Vikings

freeagent

Six-man pro
Somewhere I read that the Vikings (who, like Da Bears, still stink) picked up some old has been quarterback and folks think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and will take the Vikings to the Super Bowl. Twice a year, I always have a problem: Who to root for in a Bears-Vikings game? My idea of a perfect Bears-Vikings game is a scoreless tie at halftime and the stadium implodes.

I've heard this "Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl" story so long that if I had a buck for each time I heard it, I would be a real rich man. Only chance the Vikes have of going to the Super Bowl is if they buy tickets. Only team that stinks more in December than the Vikings are a bunch of guys with new digs up in Arlington.

Anyway, thought I'd share a little cartoon from the Green Bay newspaper ... and don't bug me on Monday night. I got some quality time with my big screen HD TV already planned.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/ ... 3009.shtml

Im a diehard Cowboys fan but ive always loved Farve...even with his most recent drama I find it hard not to pull for the man. He plays the game like it should be played with heart and passion. As a Coach I could only wish that all my players played like him.

I had always been a brett farve fan until his drama towards green bay. I am all for a player, that still has passion for the game, coming back out of retirement if he so chooses. I am still a big MJ fan, and still wish he would step back on the hardwood at some point. But what really stuck in my craw about farve was that he was actually pissed that AFTER HE RETIRED, green bay had to go with Aaron Rogers. And that farve's place on the team wasn't saved for him. Was very proud of the way GB handled the situation and stood by rogers. The fit that farve threw in the media is what made me lose respect for the man. He deserves to play as long as he can and as long as he wants... but he was the one that told green bay he was retiring, and they were forced to go a different direction when he did that. What did he expect them to do? Beg for his return and then drop aaron rogers as soon as the prodigal son show back up???

sixmandawg":3bgudlp5 said:
im a die hard packer fan btw

I knew you were a wise person from the start ... I grew up about 35 miles from Green Bay and Packer green and gold has flowed through my veins since. My dear, departed, beloved Irish mother put us on the waiting list for Packer season tickets in 1965 ... we got to the top of the list in 1990. (By the way, at the current rate of change of season ticket holders, you'd have to wait in excess of 400 years to make the top of the list now.)

Funny story ... yesterday at school, a kid asked me how long it takes to get NFL season tickets. I told him it depends ... you can get Detroit Lions season tickets as early as tomorrow. Packers, about 400 years. Found out his dad grew up near Green Bay, too ...

I'm planning to make the Packers-Seahawks game in December.

Anyway, there was a pi@@ing match between Favre and the Packers last year. All that happens in pi@@ing matches is that both sides get wet. Any child of three could have easily known that Brett was gonna get ansy when training camp started. But Rodgers did have a decent season for a young guy last year; defense didn't do their job.

Brett is a competitor and it's always going to be hard when summer rolls around and he thinks he's still got it (and maybe he just still has...) Can't fault him for that. Except for the fact he's playing for a bunch of reprobates aka the Vikings and they are playing the Packers this week, you gotta root for the guy.

sixmandawg":ismgc3wp said:
farve is done if u a coach u know....he may make few things happen but he was done few years back

Dawg, hate to burst your theory, but that game winner last Sunday vs the 9ers was vintage Farve and is why the Vikings signed the bum ...

lifegatesports":1cdg1j3y said:
sixmandawg":1cdg1j3y said:
farve is done if u a coach u know....he may make few things happen but he was done few years back

Dawg, hate to burst your theory, but that game winner last Sunday vs the 9ers was vintage Farve and is why the Vikings signed the bum ...

And the bum had a pretty decent night last night. The Packers defensive and offensive line played like pig slop (although they did stop Peterson after the first quarter). O Line perfected the "Lookout Block." That's where you miss your block and yell "Lookout" to the QB.

That one play where Farve had 7.34 seconds in the pocket, no defensive lineman within five yards ... heck, Farve coulda sat back in an easy chair, grabbed the remote, flicked through all the channels, and still had time to throw the ball.

yep....bursted my own bubble. Farve still has a little left I guess.....but just hate he went to the Vikings . Only thing worse would have been if he suited up as a Bear !
He always has been a great QB...I still remember the Randy Right....Majakowski days.....and Farve coming in from Atlanta......was tough to watch Farve those first couple of seasons.
Still diehard Packer fan

Brett Farve gives the vikings something they needed more than anything. Confidence. Last year when i was called back to the army i figured this out. I was watching some games with so seriously die hard viking fans and everytime they would throw the ball or do special teams they wouldnt watch because they knew something was going to be going wrong. These guys had full appearl and everything. Chants, yell and just pure crazyness. I have never seen pro fans so serious.

Farve prime is gone but he is still farve. Just his presence helps them. Jackson just couldnt cut it. Just like Romo cant. I have said Romo is a horrible quarterback since he started. I try to get people to understand you dont rate a quarterback on how good they are when they have a good day but how good they are on a bad day. If your bad day consist of 4 int and 2 fumbles you are HORRIBLE if a bad day is 2 turn overs your good. A good quarterback has the mindset to push forward after misstakes and continue playing sound ball.
Farve is getting worse but in his prime a bad day was so much better than most peoples good days

Back