mavs

Nope!! Kobe is pure poison. A terrific athlete, but not a team player. The NBA should let him form is own team and he could call it the Harlem Kobetrotters.

The Lakers have a great interest in Dirk Nowitski. They wanted him for Shaq a few years back when Shaq was wanting to leave the Lakers. I think the Mavs are good without any additions. Sure, they made an early exit in the playoffs last year and choked in the finals the year before, but I think they need one more year......if they choke again then, yes, chnages need to be made! :wink:

Kobe would not fit well in the Mavs offense because he is selfish. The Mavs have a run and gun offense that allows any given player to be a leading scorer on any given night. Kobe would be the worst thing that could happen in Dallas! :evil:

The Mavs have a run and gun offense that allows any given player to be a leading scorer on any given night.

No, they don't. They've slowed games down enormously since Nelly left. The leading scorer is almost always going to be Dirk, Josh Howard will go for about 20, and JET will average about 15. Stackhouse, Harris, Damp, George, etc. are role players.

The Mavs are consistent. Run and gun teams are not consistent.

I'd love the Mavs to make a big trade, but they need a center, not a shooting guard.

They did slow down a bit but they still run with the ball a great bit of the game. They aren't the warriors by any means. I said that they can have a leading scorer any given night.....here's the stats: Dirk led in scoring 35 games last season, Howard- 27 games, and Terry led 13 games....the rest of the games somebody else led.....Croshere, Dampier, and even Ager led a couple of games. All I said was that the scoring was spread out! This team averaged 101.3 pts per game. They averaged 103.2 per game when Nellie left. Big difference huh? I don't think they have slowed down enormously! It doesn't look like it anyway! :wink:

The Mavs don't need anybody! They need Dirk to grow some nuts and hit the big shot when the game is on the line! He played like a pansy in the Warriors series....plain and simple! Dirk is a lot better than that and I expect to see a different, more aggressive Dirk this season!

I hope you're right about the more aggressive Dirk. I was all for trading him at the end of last season. Wish we could have gotten KG in here. The Mavs aren't gonna get all these chances for a title forever...

I think you are right! Even if they make it to the finals it is almost certain they will meet the Celtics! :shock: I don't see them losing many games! The Suns may be tougher this year in the west! Like I said Dirk better quit being a wimp!

The Mavs will never win a title with Dirk as the main guy. He is not a leader, just a cry baby. The worst decision Cuban ever made was letting Nash go. I cant stand him either, but he is a true leader.

This team averaged 101.3 pts per game. They averaged 103.2 per game when Nellie left. Big difference huh? I don't think they have slowed down enormously! It doesn't look like it anyway!

They have slowed down enormously. Anyone who has watched this team consistently for the last 5+ years can see that.

Avery didn't slow the pace of the game down for his offense. He did it for the defense.

2006 -- Dallas - 100 (47%) Opponents - 92 (44%)
2005 -- Dallas - 99 (46%) Opponents - 93 (44%)
2004 -- Dallas - 102 (45%) Opponents - 97 (44%)
2003 -- Dallas - 105 (45%) Opponents - 101 (46%)
2002 -- Dallas - 103 Opponents - 95
2001 -- Dallas - 105 Opponents - 101

These stats show how much the Mavericks have slowed down. They've slowed down the tempo of the game, turn the ball over less, shoot fewer shots, and shoot a higher percentage. Defensively, they hold teams to few shots, lower shooting percentages and create more turnovers.

I believe that Dampier led the team in scoring at some point last year, but when did Croshere and Ager do it? That seems ridiculous to me since they COMBINED to average 5 points last year.

the trade wasnt even for dirk.....it was kobe for terry,howard, dampiers sorry ass and a draft pick. i would do it in a second...... then dirk wouldnt have to be main threat, he could just play ball and be robin again like he was when nash was here. dirk could play second fiddle to kobe, which would make both happy. i think it would be great, you would have 2 of the top 5 players in league on same team. here is what starting line-up would be after trade:
pg- Devin HArris
sg-Kobe
sf-stackhouse
pf-dirk
c-diop

bench- d. george, fazekas,eddie jones, darvin ham,ager,trenton hassel

Im pretty sure this team would compete with anyone. who would the spurs put on kobe and dirk?? suns?? warriors??
NOBODY would hold mavs

I know, i know, howard is a stud, but he is only 3 years younger than kobe and not NEARLY the player kobe is. i'd take kobe 3yrs older anyday!

The General Managers picked the Spurs to win it again this year. Then again, they have picked the Spurs to win it the previous 4 years.

Avery's defensive attitude he has brought to the Mavs has been the best thing for them. Too bad they dont always follow it.

hogcaller10":7op77qrb said:
I think you are right! Even if they make it to the finals it is almost certain they will meet the Celtics! :shock: I don't see them losing many games! The Suns may be tougher this year in the west! Like I said Dirk better quit being a wimp!

I'd tap the breaks a little on the Celts winning it all...

We'll see how those new studs play together. I know this isn't much of a comparison, but NY brought in a few big time players, and look where it got them.

How did the Lakers do when they brought in their hired guns?? I think Portland once upon a time had a few big stars on their teams??

It takes more than 3 superstars to win a Championship.

"Cowboy Fan" - Please don't tell us that you like Jerry Jones, but not Mark Cuban. In my opinion, being a Mavs fan, he was been the best thing that could have happened to this franchise. I only wish that he would buy the Cowboys. I did hate to see Nash leave us, but HE chose to turn down a lot of $$ for even more $$. He took the money and ran.
Go Mavs

bootleg.......comparing the knicks to perennial all stars in insane. boston is going to have a really good team. def top 3 ineastern conference...i think they will make finals....only "da bulls" or pistons might beat them.

Cuban is a genius. i wish he would buy the rangers....the cowboys are in good hands. in baseball, your team is only as good as your owner is rich. see yankees,boston. if he bought the rangers, they would be a top team in 3years, tops. he could afford the luxury taxes easily, and i think athletes flock to him, bc they know they will be well taken care of. rangers stadium is still one of the prettiest in the league, the weather is great and not to mention the women!!!! i wish so bad he would buy the rangers, to hell with the cubs!!

Never said Cuban was bad for the Mavs. If I owned my own sports franchise, would probably be just like Cuban. He just gambled on Nash being over the hill. and LOST.
He will not be able to buy the Cubs, but it would be great for baseball if he could. Maybe he can buy the Braves.

Back