Low in numbers but BIG at heart

Statman

11-man fan
I know the more young men you have to choose from the better the odds of picking a really good team. I've recently come to notice that there are exceptions when you have those young men that somebody forgot to tell that to. Trinidad has only 11 players this year but they are making a pretty good showing against some solid opponents. They're pretty impressive to watch considering that, i believe all but 2 of them are freshmen and sophmores. They're small but will light you up when they get the chance. These guys may not go very deep this year, who knows, but i certainly would be watching out next year and the year after that for it to be their turn again. Good luck guys and Coach Ray.

Good luck to Trinidad the rest of the season!
Some fans only look at the W-L record, and don't pay attention to the details, like how many players a team is able to suit up.
Last year Groom went the first half of the season with 7 players suited up, 8 for the second half of the season. They played the whole season knowing that if one or two of them were injured, it would probably end the team's season.
Takes a TON of heart to go out there and compete knowing that the other teams have fresh players they can plug in through out the games, while you and your teammates are gonna have to stick it out and play the entire game with no breaks cause you don't have enough players to give you a rest.
Trinidad's younger players can gain very valuable playing experience this season.....no matter what their final record is, my hat is off to them and the team for their efforts!

Hmmm,
Strawn has had to play
several years with only 6.
You don't hear them
braggin, whining
bout it.
It ONLY TAKES 6.

You can't motivate un-motivated people.
You don't have to motivate motivated people.

That is a very nice post about the Trinidad kids. I don't think anyone was bragging or whinnning. We actually have 13 out with one injured at this time. We have 3 Jrs. and Srs., the rest are underclassmen. We have played ok up to this point, but we have had our growing pains this year and may continue to the rest of the year. But, our kids are working hard everyday and this is still Trinidad (like so many other good programs in the state) we have a tradition that this team is trying to live up to a keep going. There will be no excuses from this team. Coach Ray is one of the top coaches in the state and I can assure you he will get the very best out of this year's team.

Again with the
I don't know how to read a post?
starfall.com
dang.

No put downs anywhere.
Didn't say anything bout Trinidad???
Where is your head?

Just said playin with 6 is no big deal.
Just do it.

Yes.
Don't know the op or Trinidad.

Just know it only takes 6 to play.
Hence the name.
If you get all hung up on winning
being the only/best measure of success
then you usually start bringing up the
fact that you only have X amount of players,
the Refs hate us, best player injured, etc.

Just play.

Dogface, maybe I read your post wrong. Sorry if I did.

My post was intended on saying that even know we have a small group(actually had pretty small numbers for the past couple of years) we are still treating this year like any other year here in Tdad. Someone started this topic with a very nice comment about our kids, but I just wanted to put everyone on notice that we are not looking at this year as a waste or a rebuilding year, we still have athletes with a lot Trojan Pride and athletes that want to continue the tradition that lives here. Our team is striving to be the best they can be.

I would however argue that it takes more than 6 to play. It takes a whole team, even if you only have 10 or 15 kids and only 8 see the field on Friday nights, those other 7 guys are very valuable to the team throughout the week.

Argue all you want.
You can only put 6 on the field.
There have been times
when some schools find themselves
with only 6 boys in HS.
So they go with that
like it's the normal thing to do.
It's 6man.
Just play.

Back