Looking for any Open Position

I'll hand this to ya Bear
you got a lot of nerve
but no pride.
You think you're the only highly qualified coach
still looking for work at this time of year?
Most of us aren't so flagrant
in our beggin.
I've been looking since Feb.
because I knew I wouldn't be renewed
from so-called budget cuts.

OK
It's not you.

It's ALL the guys that come on here
and claim to be almost a football god
in a post filled with typos and bad grammer
and think the movers and shakers
should jump at a chance of having them
when they don't know squat about children
because they are basically kids themselves.
The fact that it was you caught me off guard.

With your HS Eng. and HS SS ( I'll believe with you that you passed)
you'll prolly find something.
The All-level PE is a dime a dozen.

Look up Knox City and Newcastle. Seriously.
They're both 6man schools
but they need Girls coaches with a SS teaching assignment.
If you got that gig,
all you'd have to do is wait till next year,
and if they are like half the other 6man schools,
they will be looking to replace a FB coach
and you'll be a shoe in.

I know it's late in the year,
I'm worried too.

If you're asking me?
I didn't get signed till Aug. 15 last yr.
so when they started laying off,
due to the big state ed. budget cut,
they started with the last hired,
me,
and knocked off 11 more people.
The previous yr. I was at a 6man school.

This is just a crappy year. I too, have been looking for a job since January and it isn't getting any easier. Good Luck Bear, I'm in the same boat as you.

That was basically all I was saying.
We're all in the same boat.

I went back and read all of the posts in the resume list
and found several discrepancies.
Imagine that.
Some guys have been looking for years
without even jumping from school to school.

That's why earlier this year I suggested to one guy
he better stay put and be glad!

Coach Bear...best of luck in your search

And I have said this several times...but this clown does not need to be on the site....look at everyone of his post....he contributes nothing to this site but negative talk....get rid of him

are you for real? the man needs a job and he wants one and he is man enough to ask, so why dont you have some respect.. we have enough living off the system. so use a bit of the mush between your ears to figure he at least is better than all that... and give him an at a boy and we are proud that foolish pride will not stand in his way of getting his job.

I've been very lucky to have found employment every time I've needed it. One year I was looking as late as coaching school and hooked up there. There are usually a few jobs posted at coaching school and I would imagine this year will be no different. Check the board at Lubbock and you might find what your looking for there. Best of luck to you Bear and have a great trip to the Great Far North. Hope we get a win against the Canooks.

Most 6 man schools are among the poorer schools in the state, with a few notable exceptions. They will be taking a bigger hit in cuts the first year of the next biennium, so things may stabilize some the following year. What I have noticed is that there are more people with non 6 man backgrounds filling postions in 6 man schools, especially in math and science. That is the result of a combination of things, IMO. You are going to see a lot of academically unacceptable schools because TPM was removed and that was saving some schools from previously being unacceptable. If you are accademically unacceptable and using people to teach areas in which they are not highly qualified, you will be asking for trouble as we move to STAAR and EOC.

My background was in 6 man, and I returned after several years in the crowded field. Years ago, a lot of 6 man schools would have coaches with PE or Health certs teaching some of everything. With EOC coming, NCLB, 4x4, and all the HQ rules, those days are over. With 8-12 math, science or comp social studies, you can usually find a job somewhere. Too many young coaches are coming out with PE or health.

I have read several of Dogfaces post and can tell why he is looking. Negativity has no place in this business and I imagine if you will put down fellow coaches on a coaching board you will do the same with kids. I hope I find out who you are so that I may never hire you at any future place I may be.

Back