Longview Trinity

Coach Adams

Six-man fan
I saw on smoaky.com that Thomas Emerson is the new head coach at Cushing, 2A 11-man. Who is the coach at Longview Trinity now? Interesting opening this late in the summer a year removed from the TAPPS Division III State Championship game.

Jeremy Miller is new head coach and AD at Trinity. He was an assistant to Coach Emerson for the last several years.

Interesting how?

Jeremy Miller sounds familiar. Did he use to be at Carrollton Christian Academy or Richardson Canyon Creek?

I just thought it was interesting to see how they could hire in July to replace Coach Emerson. I know Cushing is not a program that has done well in 11-man in the past.

I don't think that's the same Coach Miller.

It is my understanding that Coach Emerson left of his own volition to go to Cushing. He lives closer to Cushing and that may have been a factor. Plus, I would imagine that the salary, benefits and opportunity to move up the career ladder are stronger at a UIL 2A 11 man program than at a TAPPS Div III/ 2A 6 man program. That's just my take. From what I've read about Cushing, it looks like it will be an uphill climb but Coach Emerson is a good coach and I hope he does well up there.

Judging by what I see and read, there is lots of movement on the coaching carousel over the summer and especially at private schools.

Coach Miller has been an assistant to Coach Emerson for at least 3 years at Trinity. I believe he came with him from King's Academy.

Just speculating here because I can't speak for the administration, but I would imagine Coach Miller's hiring was just a logical transition from one coach to another who is experienced and familiar with all aspects of the program. Coach Emerson left one day and Coach Miller was hired either the same day or the next day. I know that the kids were bummed that Coach Emerson left but they are equally excited about playing for Coach Miller. There will be no drop off and I think Trinity will be up to the task to get back to Zephyr.

Oh well this news changes my predictions. ole LT is done in my opinion. Not saying that previous coach was any good, but when you lose a coach that has been there for a while....much like Fulton losing theirs last season....it changes the dynamics of the program a little but. One man show!!!! Where are my buddies Homes and that ole lumberjack.....SFA to back me up on this. Any new takers.....

Prickly....LMBO!!!!!!

Welcome back GT!..Havent seen ya on here in a while...Must be living it up with that retirement life..Im sure ya just been busy going to all these 7 on 7 games this summer....You might be right, that coaching change at Trinity could be a down fall for them..I had them on top again this year but I am pulling back from that prediction..I think Emerson leaving is crushing blow to that program...He was one heck of a coach, he was making a name for his self around the state and made that big jump to a UIL 11 man school down there in Cushing...Dont know much bout this Miller guy taking over, so I cant really comment on what he can do..It could get a little prickly at Trinity if he cant get them back to the top of mountain again...

Ah the ole lumberjack himself. Yes I am enjoying retirement these days. I think I will take LT down a few now. I will however move Wichita Christian up. Losing a coach can hurt but it doesn't hurt to gain a good one like Johnson. He did great things at Fulton, so we will see if he can get the stars flying high!

I don't know anything about Miller either but if my ole pal david9h says he is ok then he is ok....I guess!

We will see. It only takes one good player to win that district and probably the north unless one of the big three (Freddy, Seguin, San Marcos) are placed in north come tourney time.
Yall stay prickly!

I'm right there with you, fellas. Losing a coach is a HUGE deal, especially one as good as Coach Emerson. Sure Longview has some good athletes coming back but it just won't be the same. Losing a good crop of seniors AND your coach is too large of a hurdle to overcome. I think they will still be in the district-title hunt but they certainly won't be 45ing everyone like last year. I could see them bowing out in the first or second round of the playoffs, but I don't think we will see them in Zephyr this year. Does this make room for Notre Dame or Wichita Christian this year? Maybe Notre Dame can get past the "Not by two AGAIN" mojo.

As far as the bracket goes, we will have to see how the wildcard points unfold. Remember this past season all three of the "Big Three" from District 3 stayed on the south side of the bracket. It was Granbury that got shipped down south (and did quite well). If District 2 has so many teams with lots of wildcard points again I see the bracket unfolding much like it did last year. All I know is I can't wait for the season to start. This has been a long off season and I'm ready for Friday Night Lights.

Back