Jack Pardee Memorial Stadium

flypattern

11-man fan
Press release from Christoval and Texas A&M:

Christoval ISD – Jack Pardee Memorial Stadium

On February 27, 2013 the Christoval ISD Board passed a motion to rename their High School Football Stadium in honor of the lifetime achievements of a favorite son, Jack Pardee ‘57. Jack and wife of 50 years, Phyllis, have five children & 12 grandchildren. Travel remains difficult for Phyllis, but she is thrilled and recently told me “this is the greatest Jack has ever received.” The family will be represented by son-in-law, Scott Brown of Denver, Colorado.

You are invited to join us at the Christoval 2013 Homecoming to celebrate & honor Jack.

October 4, 2013, Christoval High School, Christoval, Texas

7:00 p.m. - Naming of Jack Pardee Memorial Stadium.

7:30 p.m. - Homecoming football game against the Eldorado Eagles

Jack was Texas A&M’s first football Academic All-American. He is the only 6-Man player who played in the NFL and he was also a five-time Coach of the Year. Jack was a great Aggie, but an even better person and loyal friend. He was the example of a devoted husband and father.

“Toughest player I ever coached”, Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant. Jack’s lifetime achievements will seldom, if ever be equaled!

He is the only 6-Man player who played in the NFL

That is not true at all! He wasn't even the first 6-man player from Texas to play in the NFL...Ed Sprinkle played for the Bears and played 6-man at Tuscola HS

There have been several 6-man players to play in the NFL many from the State of Nebraska alone...people forget six-man was played in just about every single state from the 1930s-50s

Great Idea naming the stadium after him, but make sure the facts are straight

Let me name a few for ya here:

Ed Sprinkle - six-man@ Tuscola HS (TX) 1939; Chicago Bear 1944-55 - 4 time pro-bowler and named in the top 50 Bears of all-time

Bobby Bell - six-man@ Cleveland HS (Shelby, NC) for 2 seasons; Kansas City Chiefs 1963-74 - Member of NFL Hall of Fame

LaVerne Torczon - six-man@ Platte Center HS (Nebraska) 1949-52; Bills/Jets/Dolphins 1960-66

Pat Fischer - six-man@ Saint Edwards HS (Nebraska); St Louis Cardinals 1961-67, Washington Redskins 1968-77 - 3 time pro bowler

Leman Saunders":jkjg9s2f said:
He is the only 6-Man player who played in the NFL

That is not true at all! He wasn't even the first 6-man player from Texas to play in the NFL...Ed Sprinkle played for the Bears and played 6-man at Tuscola HS

There have been several 6-man players to play in the NFL many from the State of Nebraska alone...people forget six-man was played in just about every single state from the 1930s-50s

Great Idea naming the stadium after him, but make sure the facts are straight

And another thing, he graduated Christoval in 1953, not 1957. He probably last played football at Aggieland in 1957

Aggie Press release explains why there was no mention of any University of Houston accomplishments. Or that whole Houston Oilers coaching gig that he had...

You would be correct HP. He was with the Denver Broncos and Houston Oilers if I remember correctly. Hurt his knee and never got to play.

Back