Fort Davis Assistant Boys Coach

daufdengarten

11-man fan
Football, Basketball, and Spring Sport.
Teaching Fields: Secondary Math, Science or Spanish.
CDL required.

Submit application, letter of interest and resume to superintendent office, Fort Davis ISD, P.O. Box 1339, Fort Davis, Texas 79734. Application can be obtained on website http://www.fdisd.com or by calling 432-426-4440 ex.200.

food for thought for those kids in school who want to be coaches hmmmmmm...
wonder if the advisors are helping our budding new coaches down that career path?

how difficult is it to become satisfied in some of these other courses,,, i guess that might be up to the individual hmmmm

kbjoe1":1122e0mh said:
food for thought for those kids in school who want to be coaches hmmmmmm...
wonder if the advisors are helping our budding new coaches down that career path?
I can adamantly say NO!
I specifically asked the PE Dept. chair
and he said
"They're all good."
without even a second thought.
Several semesters later
I went to the TEA website
printed out their list of high-need teaching fields
and put it on the bulletin board.

All my college advisors were exceptionally well at stressing the importance of including a core subject certification along with the EC-12 Physical Education certification to those of us that were interesting in a career in coaching. Dr. Sample and Dr. Hector talked about it almost every class period.

you know its hard when you dont know what is going to be needed and or required,,, i go and talk to our highschool kids about the process of getting a job,, sometimes they giggle and have alot of fun teasing each other till we get to that point when we talk about some of the struggles that thier mom and dad have had.. when jobs were scarce even out here in the oil patch and we were having more and more being laidoff,, and that theyhad kids to take care of and grown mean were working at town and country moms were looking anywhere andcleaning others homes just to makeends meet.... i will hush but good luck and we need to say thanks for those that are trying to get you'll as best prepared as possible and we needto also bringto others attention the ones who were not up tothe task of advising young learning students...

My dad was a coach...and I noticed (when I read the "coachfinder") that there were a lot of jobs for math....so I got certified in it. It never was my best subject but I had some great math teachers in Rankin, TX...so I never found it difficult. Now that I have it, I know I can find a job just about anywhere.

My advisors also told me of the importance of a "core" subjet certification.
I still majored in kinesiology but minored in math so that i would be able to
challenge the math test.

It's probably one of the hardest to teach and coach b/c of all the papers to grade
and lessons to plan.

This position has reopened. We need a secondary Spanish or Science teacher that will assist on the boy's side. This could be a possible coordinator job on the football side. Please refer to the original post for contact and application information. You can also call me at 432-967-5215.
Jess Roberts

Back