Div2 _District 7 might have a shakeup!!!

oldkicker

11-man fan
All I can say its not what I expected. sterling city showed they are not as good as last year and the coaching staff darn sure aint!!!
The coaches blew a 38-8 halftime lead and ran #10 legs off the poor kid was exhausted. Without Hughes I understand adjustments
needed to be made but good grief what are you thinking? Playing players that are not suited for positions doesnt help a team and
will not win Parham Coach of the Year. Wheres the kid that quarterbacked the JV team last year he had a cannon did he move?
Why did #8 not run the ball some and give #10 a rest good looking kid there cant you see that?
Why doesnt #7 play defense looked pretty good while he was out there for the 5 minutes?
Why havent you played #25 running the ball before?

I wasnt sure if Westbrook had a chance but with coaching like that NO problem!!!!
Go get Wildcats they are primed for picking!!!

Lets shake it up Wildcats!!!!!

SC was 4-4 going into this game last year, 6-2 this year. I know that really doesn't mean anything. Maybe they aren't as good as last year. It is just interesting that in 2010 they went into district play 3-4, won all 3 district games ending the regular season at 6-4. They took that momentum and won 4 more before meeting their demise in Abilene. Knowing from last year how long a 15 game season is, I can't help but wonder if they are pacing themselves. They may not be able to match last years run. But I do have a feeling they will be 8-2 heading into bi-district. The above post sure makes me wish I had seen this game. HMMM, blowing a 38-8 halftime lead, then turning around and not playing the right people or in the right positions as accused makes me wonder. Maybe, nothing was blown but the opportunity for playing time for different people in different positions was taken advantage of extending the game instead of blowing the game. This is merely hypothetical, I certainly do not know, but they still won by 34 points. One more thing, those 2 losses they have for this year are to WV and Sands. SC was a hard playing opponent in both of these contest. A couple more post questioning the coach like the one above may assure this one doesn't go beyond the half.

You got it man I will be back,

Hopefully my Wildcats tear SC up if Parham plays it like he did last week no problem:

GO GET WILDCATS

watch for the weak pass and sloopy coaching.

I was really impressed with Trent last week, those boys played good and never gave up.

yes Sterling City is a good team but I have been following this team for 2 years and it just makes me wonder how good they could be. Just not impressed with the coaching and where some players are playing.

I asked about the change of quarterback and had a couple of guys that hang around the concession stand more than happy
to speak their minds. Just makes you wonder why a coach with a team like Sterling City would take such a gamble.

Well Sterling City got my Wildcats tonight, SC looked more like a playoff bound team tonight.
Sterling City has some good looking kids. Wish them all the luck during the playoffs.
Moma and I will be watching:

Mighty proud of our Wildcats!!!!!

My thoughts are Sterling City is a good team but still has some work to do,
I would like to see how good these kids could be if they were actually playing where they should be

and yes I do know what I am talking about. I coached for several years and can see talent and
also can see when things are not right I have visited with fans around the concessions stands and
the fans are fairly vocal they all know its the talent of the kids that has taken them to the playoffs
these past two years and nothing else.
Just saying I hope to see SC back in Abilene in december but feel some changes need to be made
(just my humble opinion thats all)

What an idiot.

Since you seem to know so much about this team, why don't you head on down to practice Monday?

I'm sure the kids, coaches, and especially the gurus at the concession stand would love your input.

No reason for name calling Crawford you have said several things I thought the same
about you I was just giving my opinion. I would love to be invited to practice but dont think the coach
would listen, and the gurus of Sterling City probally know more about those kids than
the coaches ever will these so called gurus have volunteered their time to coach and take
these kids to camps over the years, so gurus keep enjoying and talking eagle football to any
one that will listen.

Just wanted to say thanks for saying what most fans of sterling city have been saying. Are we good, you know it. Could we be great, yes we can if the right moves are made

There is the problem with most small towns! There are those that think they know more than the coaches do.

"and the gurus of Sterling City probally know more about those kids than
the coaches ever will "

If these guru's would keep their traps shut to the kids and let the guys who went to school and were taught how to coach do the coaching, more of the small school teams would be more successful!

Just my own opinion!

old kicker your crazy if you actually thought westbrook had even a chance to beat the EAGLES you really need to do a little better reasearch before you make some pointless comment because district 7 wont have a shakeup SC will be in abilene in december.

Everyone has a right to there opinions thats why we live in this great country,
we can all open our traps like it or not.
I will always believe in freedom of speech for and against, I just stated my opinion on how good Sterling City
could be, and it is my right to do so along with the rest of the fans in SC that dont care for the coach playing his
favorites yes I said it his favorites. Just go ask some SC fans they will tell you school board or teachers kid means something in this small town.

I really didnt mean to start a big quarrel just expressing my opinion!!!!!

Plus,
I think small town minds (gurus?)
don't always see the big picture.

PeeWee dads scare me.
Some of the things they tell the boys
at such a young age,
do more harm than good.
Professional coaches are left (stuck)
with trying to fix
all that camp/littleleague/dribbler
concession stand wisdom.

yep SC player your right oldkicker was crazy you boys are good,