Cecil Perkins Passes

Terry Collins

11-man fan
Long time Coach then Athletic Director at SWOSU, Cecil Perkins passed away yesterday. Mr. Perkins had been a part of the SWOSU family for more than 30 years. Recently retired due to the health issues that eventually claimed his life.

Mr. Perkins had been a factor in the choice of carrer for many good coaches, some are frequent visitors of this board. I love to hear any of the many stories that any of those guys tell about their relationship with Coach Perkins. Great leader and motivator for many years

SWOSU will be a somber place for some time.

Services will be Thursday at 2:00 pm in the Rankin-Williams Fieldhouse (one of Mr. Perkins' favorite buildings in the world) on the campus of SWOSU

Cecil was my golf coach in college. Yes I played golf. He was a great man, He will be greatly missed. One of my favorite stories was when we were in a tournament in Joplin, MO. We were eating and Cecil left early and told me to pay. I gave the very cute waitress a little to big of a tip. Coach Perkins let me have it for about a month, I can't go into great details about what he said. lol , RIP Coach

Back