All-State ... All-District

#22-In Lucas

11-man fan
ive always wondered how the league selects the all-state and all-district teams. Im sure there are a bunch of coaches who know, so does someone wanna fill me in? is it selected by stats or votes or what?

#22-In Lucas":3kgf5jbv said:
ive always wondered how the league selects the all-state and all-district teams. Im sure there are a bunch of coaches who know, so does someone wanna fill me in? is it selected by stats or votes or what?

Not sure how the TCAF districts/state selection process operates.

TAPPS allows each district to determine its own selection process; UIL I think does it on a district basis but all state is selected by sportswriters based on the district selections.

When it comes to All-State, TAPPS has a selection meeting following the state championships. Each district has submitted its all district selections and in those positions where multiple choices are made, ranks those players. Each district sends a representative to the selection meeting.

Let's say we're picking the all-state quarterback. Each district lists its selection for the position and each district has an opportunity to "sell" their selection to the other district representatives. A ballot is taken and the winner is the all-state quarterback. Same thing with every other position.

Is it the best selection process? Not sure, but it's better than any alternative.

tepryde":16wzurhe said:
John, if its better than any alternative, wouldn't that make it the best? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, okay, if you want to be picky about it.

But everybody complains about the process ... but no one can come up with a better way.

It's kind of like what (I think) Benjamin Franklin said about democracy. It's the second worst form of government. All the rest are the worst.

Back