1A Mascot Rebranding

51eleven":gdxki1hx said:
Hart Cardiologists, IRA Investors, Rule Kings (football) Rule Queens (girls BB), Coolidge Presidents, Hedley Lamarrs (if too young/over your head see link at end), Miami Floridians/Ohioans/Vice Men, Garden City Horticulturists, Milford Chevy's, Oakwood Loggers, Spur Rowels, Loop Ropers.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hedley+la ... 2ce0d0bb7f

For a brief period in WW2 (1943), GC took the nickname of Hurricanes........

Wow, there are some real good ones here. I'll try, with hopefully no repeats.

- Miami Hurricanes
- Highland Gorillas
- Newcastle Knights
- Van Horn Heralds
- Robert Lee Minutemen
- Spur Cowboys

Wow, there are some real good ones here. I'll try, with hopefully no repeats.

- Miami Hurricanes
- Highland Gorillas
- Newcastle Knights
- Van Horn Heralds
- Robert Lee Minutemen
- Spur Cowboys
I would think Robert Lee Rebels would be a better one......

Gordon Gophers
Strawn Strays
Rankin Rascals
Caddo Critters
Palo Pinto Pecan Pickers
Huckabay Hucksters
Lueders Looters
Apple Springs Ciders
Roby Rockets
Hermleigh Hermits

Current DI & DII Top Ten Rebranding
Some could be repeated suggestions but I didnt bother to look.
DI
1 Westbrook Easterners
2 Knox City Forts
3 Abbott Willies - as in Abbott native Willie Nelson of course
4 Gordon Gore
5 Whiteface Caucasians
6 Borden County Milkers
7 Rankin Files
8 Jonesboro Burrows
9 Miami Cubans
10 Happy Joys
DII
1 Benjamin Buttons
2 Jayton Jaywalkers - must admit their current one is pretty clever
3 Klondike Bars
4 Whitharral Chaparrals
5 Oglesby Ogres
6 Richland Springs Poor Men
7 Amherst Hearses
8 Balmorhea Balms
9 Cherokee Cherries
10 Newcastle Old Knights

Ol Bearkat will like this one: Happy Fellers!! Not too many football experts will pick up on that one. Ask an old aggie about that one. Lol
Valley Vandals
Trent Troubadours
Novice Newbies
Three Way Switches
Carbon Daters
Gustine Guzzlers or Grizzlies
Priddy Possums
Benjamin Franklins

Ol Bearkat will like this one: Happy Fellers!! Not too many football experts will pick up on that one. Ask an old aggie about that one. Lol
Valley Vandals
Trent Troubadours
Novice Newbies
Three Way Switches
Carbon Daters
Gustine Guzzlers or Grizzlies
Priddy Possums
Benjamin Franklins
Carbon Daters. That's an Old 6man school most of the people on here now have never heard of.
What was it 1983 when they closed that school?

Carbon Daters. That's an Old 6man school most of the people on here now have never heard of.
What was it 1983 when they closed that school?
I knew a guy at Tarleton who worked in Physical Facilities as a plumber and electrician who played six-man there. Troy ... , he retired before I did, I think. I live about 5 miles from Carbon now.

You worked at Tarleton?
17 years in the Science Building, staff. Bought a lot of weird stuff, sheep eyes, brains and hearts to real human skulls. Industrial, built in Large autoclaves. My office was next to the Herpetologists. The good Dr. was a cool guy. But he kept snakes in his research lab across the hall. Graduate Assistant students would come to my door with them wrapped around their arm or neck, ask want to hold him? Just because they knew I don't like snakes.

17 years in the Science Building, staff. Bought a lot of weird stuff, sheep eyes, brains and hearts to real human skulls. Industrial, built in Large autoclaves. My office was next to the Herpetologists. The good Dr. was a cool guy. But he kept snakes in his research lab across the hall. Graduate Assistant students would come to my door with them wrapped around their arm or neck, ask want to hold him? Just because they knew I don't like snakes.
What was the good Dr name? I transferred out in 1973 and I'm sure most of my biology professors had moved on or passed.

Back