Scrimmage in Richland Springs

donhardin

11-man fan
Richland Springs/Oglesby/Throckmorton scrimmage. Surely some of you beat me home. What was your impression? Thanks for the fellowship and for accepting my calling cards.

Oglesby was third best team there. DUH! Truly the Tigers gave a decent showing against two of the top teams in the state. Their schedule will be lots easier from here on out.

Richland Springs and Throckmorton have an excellent chance of being in Abilene December 10th.
Both Coach Reed and Coach Burkhart found reasons to smile and found a thing or two to work on before WEEK ZERO. Fans had some oohs and ahs.

Richland is at Zephyr Friday night, the 26th at 8:00 PM against Avalon.
Throckmorton takes on Valley Saturday, the 27th in Hico at 2:00 PM

Scrimmages are over gentlemen. Get ready to put on the real uniforms and start playing for W's or L's.

Don Hardin
Abilene

You know, the weather cooperated pretty well for the scrimmage. It was hot, but a strong south-east breeze made it bearable. I am just a fan of six-man and probably don't know near as much as I would like to believe I do, but I saw three good teams at work. Oglesby has improved. If any D1 team wants to beat Throckmorton, they are going to have to burn the midnight oil and be prepared for some real headknocking when they meet the Greyhounds. They are big, tough, and smart. Nuff sed.

Don, glad to see you managed to dodge the deer on the way home. There were a few miscues last night but Richland seemed to pick up where they left off last year. There was some hard hitting going on.
Good scrimmage; no Frito Pie but it may be a little warm for that at present.

Finally got to see some film of the scrimmage. Looked like it wuz 6-1 Richland. Yew fellers talked like it wuz even. Iz yew afraid to speak the truth?

Back