Coaching Carousel 2024

I'm surprised Balmorhea hasn't had any news/movement yet. Seems like a great job. Would be difficult replacing a legend, but the pieces/tradition is there to keep the Bears train moving.

I think it's a combination of, Balmorhea not actively searching right now & people not knowing. I mean Jones retiring was kept pretty quiet & I dont believe the school has publicly announced his retirement either.

I think it's a combination of, Balmorhea not actively searching right now & people not knowing. I mean Jones retiring was kept pretty quiet & I dont believe the school has publicly announced his retirement either.
Won’t it be more like just quitting instead of retiring? Didn’t he retire before he took the Balmorhea job?

Won’t it be more like just quitting instead of retiring? Didn’t he retire before he took the Balmorhea job?

Or maybe he retired then came out of retirement and is retiring again.

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'll just say, he attempted retirement back in 2011. I dont believe it was official & it only lasted a few months before Balmorhea came calling. This was 12+ years ago now. So maybe this time around, he is ready to hang it up.

Back