Kick The Dog

hornkeeper12":23ijii4z said:
If a school only uses the 10, 11, 12 method of counting students for enrollment, does that make them a K-9 free zone?

This is getting a bit technical but it is relevant.

I once had to kick a cocker spaniel when I was a meter-reader for TU electric in Farmer's Branch back in the early '90's. I would've never pegged myself as a dog-kicker, but about 6 months earlier, I'd stood on my animal-loving principles...and gotten bitten by a fellow I DIDN'T kick.

TexDoc

smokeyjoe53":1tbgt6eb said:
We are cultivating a more serious Doggy...............to be successful you must conform to societal standards..............
the line for Kool-Aid forms on the left.......
Can he sit on request and use the right silverware?

One reason I've stuck with this thread is personal. A week ago my wife let our dog out to go pee one last time for the night. He's never come back. He's a red Golden Retriever. Anyone in Stephenville or S/W of please post.

51eleven":y3388l48 said:
One reason I've stuck with this thread is personal. A week ago my wife let our dog out to go pee one last time for the night. He's never come back. He's a red Golden Retriever. Anyone in Stephenville or S/W of please post.
ancient-aliens.jpg

I'm afraid it might have been coyote's. Not the RS kind. Heard several of them in unison within a few hundred yards shortly after he went missing. I've talked to neighbors, put up flyers, and wife posted on facebook.

Old Bearkat":hcdd8f9m said:
51eleven":hcdd8f9m said:
ancient-aliens.jpg

I think OBK's on to something. Did anyone report any strange lights in the sky the night of your dog's disappearance?

TexianDoc":1734b766 said:
I once had to kick a cocker spaniel when I was a meter-reader for TU electric in Farmer's Branch back in the early '90's. I would've never pegged myself as a dog-kicker, but about 6 months earlier, I'd stood on my animal-loving principles...and gotten bitten by a fellow I DIDN'T kick.

TexDoc

Hey! Another TxU Alumnus. When did you quit there?

I was at the Morgan Creek plant in Colorado City 1979-1981 and at Comanche Peak 1981-1997.

Old Bearkat":z50vz323 said:
TexianDoc":z50vz323 said:

TexDoc

Hey! Another TxU Alumnus. When did you quit there?

I was at the Morgan Creek plant in Colorado City 1979-1981 and at Comanche Peak 1981-1997.

I was hired as a temp reader in Grand Prairie in 1992, I guess? Worked the Summer. They moved us to Farmer's Branch/Valley Ranch, etc sometime that Fall/Winter and I worked until the middle of the next Summer. Loved it. I was in the best shape of my life.
TexDoc

oldfat&bald":1e0lzs4n said:
Old Bearkat":1e0lzs4n said:
51eleven":1e0lzs4n said:
ancient-aliens.jpg

I think OBK's on to something. Did anyone report any strange lights in the sky the night of your dog's disappearance?

Not that I know of. I was dozing off when I heard the coyotes. Didn't make the possible connection until the next day. He was purty and friendly with people and could have been picked up. Been kickin myself because his name tag came off (w/ phone # on it) and I had not put it back on.

Montana man looks to be reimbursed by feds after dog eats $500
Published April 13, 2013
| FoxNews.com

A Montana man whose 12-year-old golden retriever ate five $100 bills says he will look for a new place to store his money when he goes away on trips.
Wayne Klinkel is now hoping to be reimbursed by the federal government after his dog, Sundance devoured the money while he was on a trip with his wife visiting his daughter in Denver.
When the Klinkel's stopped for dinner, they left Sundance in the car, along with five $100 bills and one $1 bill. When they returned, the $1 bill was untouched and the $500 was gone, the Independent Record reported.
Klinkel says after Sundance did his "business," he carefully picked through the dog's droppings, and his daughter recovered more when snow melted.
He says he washed the remnants of the bills and taped them together and sent them to the Treasury Department's Bureau of Engraving and Printing with an explanation of what happened.
The bureau's website says an "experienced mutilated currency examiner" will determine if at least 51 percent of a bill is present and eligible for reimbursement. The process can take up to two years.

Back