If you could bring back one program....

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Just having some offseason fun here.

If there was one, either defunct or since consolidated, program that you could revive to take the field as a Sixman program in the fall of 2024, who would it be and why?

The Grassberr Bowl.
Everyone ought to have to play on a field that if you are tackled or tackling someone, you spend most of your time pulling GRASSBERRS out of yourself than anything else. CARBON WOLVERINES, CARBON TEXAS.

I heard a story about Carbon and their grassburrs. Upon viewing the field pregame, the Sidney players noticed quite a few armadillo holes filled with caliche. This was in the mid-fifties. Sidney had a large, tough RB, after he was tackled the first and only time on the nice green grass filled with grassburrs, he came back to the huddle and told his team mates "if I get tackled again it will be on the caliche or I'm just not going down". He kept his word.

I heard a story about Carbon and their grassburrs. Upon viewing the field pregame, the Sidney players noticed quite a few armadillo holes filled with caliche. This was in the mid-fifties. Sidney had a large, tough RB, after he was tackled the first and only time on the nice green grass filled with grassburrs, he came back to the huddle and told his team mates "if I get tackled again it will be on the caliche or I'm just not going down". He kept his word.
Our eighth-grade team played at Carbon in 1965 and we had to negotiate a couple of hog wallows near mid field. They weren't deep enough to be armadillo holes, more like shallow golfing hazards. Being young and limber, no one broke anything. It was part of Carbon's home field advantage. Lol

Back