Trinidad
Union Hill
Leverett's Chapel
Apple Springs
Chester
High Island
Buckholts
Medina

I think a few others would play if their was a New 1A class but not enough to account for travel distances for districts.

Here is my next question...of the schools listed...what are the top 5 baseball programs???

I'm guessing Ira and Borden Co are in the top 5...????

May and Goldthwaite are in a play-in game in Comanche this afternoon to decide the second and third seedings in the upcoming playoffs. I was told this is the first time May has made the playoffs in baseball in.......ever!

There are a lot of schools that are six man SIZE that play as well. In just our district there is Graford, Gorman, Baird, and Lipan. Yeah, they don't play six man football (or any football for some of them), but they are of the right enrollment to be 1A (div II) for baseball. You add those in and we definitely have enough for our own division. Also, I know of at least one six man school that would play if there was a 1A only division, instead of having to play 2A (or what is currently 1A division I), and I imagine there will be several others.

I have heard that Eula is on the agenda for the June UIL meeting. They have a presentation setup that shows that baseball could be done at the 104.5 number and also showing what number it would take to split the divisions evenly. I don't know that number. Lets hope this is a step in the right direction.

Out of those schools listed, who would you say has the best baseball programs?

Ira, They've made several DEEP playoff runs in baseball in past years.

Just my opinion on this statement, but I believe Ira has the BEST overall BOYS program in all of sixman.
They're always going deep in football.... Basketball they're always in the mix.... AND BASEBALL no other sixman school (that plays football) can touch them in baseball.

The Ira Bulldogs had a great win last night over the Bangs Dragons in a warm up game. Ira takes the win 14-4 with two Bulldogs with home runs. Congrats Bulldogs!

Went nosing around the UIL baseball brackets for 1A, counted six or seven sixman size schools in the playoffs. This included Gorman and Baird evan though they play the crowded field. Ira, May, Milford and High Island are in the playoffs. Ft. Hancock is in the playoffs, they play sixman but are too large to be in a district. District 9 had all three places as TBA, could have a couple more there. Could have missed one or two. Seems like a small percentage for the total number of sixman schools playing baseball.

Back