2013 surprise team of the year.

Oglesby32

Six-man fan
I pick the Oglesby Tigers, who got a really great coach in Jack Graves. He is passionate about what he does, and that passion carries over to the players. His team is motivated, determined, and disciplined with some really good athletes on the team, that just needed a little guidance. The energy in our town over the football program is through the roof, more than it's been in many many years in Old Oglesby, Tx. With a couple big wins over Evant and Cherokee, in which we were picked to get 45d. And with a stout junior class, the futures looking good.

It's a done deal...Oglesby is the winner...out of the ashes from where they started at the beginning of the season...getting waxed to doing the waxing...a District winner...Their coach and the players have really done well...

Not only strength of schedule, but overall record. Lometa is the surprise team for me this year! Ogelsby would find it hard to make the playoffs in any district but the one they are in.

Lometa & Calvert.... I've seen both of them play this year. Calvert really looks to have their swagger back. Lometa just doesn't give up, they play until the final whistle. Both have been impressive this year.

Agreed Oglesby has a pathetic district schedule, but they have gotten much much better each week, and showed that by 45ing Cherokee easily. They are finally a competitive team and look for them to play with Mullin, or whoever comes out of that district in 2nd, in the playoffs.

RS fans like to put there nine freshman front and center in a conversation. It is like a magician having you look one way while you get beat from another. The freshmen are .....well just freshmen. They have a senior and a sophomore that are grade A number 1 football players. Those two will beat you given half a chance! They probably have never been JV caliber in their life.

The problem with Lometa winning this thing is they started the season well and have played well the whole season....whereas Oglesby got blown out(45'd) their first two games, lost their third game, showed modest improvement the next few games,...then they win their last two games, the last one to a district opponent who were supposed to 45 them and they 45'd the opponent...So for this season from beginning to now, Oglesby has my vote!

Oglesby was 2 and 8, maybe 3 and 7 last year and made the playoffs. This year they will be 4 and 6 while winning their district. Their improvment is beating an overrated Sidney team that has since fallen completly off the map and an overrated Cherokee team. I don't see any drastic improvment. Sorry.

The thought just occurred to me that I am looking at improvement from last year to this year. Some of you guys are looking at improvement during this football year. hummm.

Back