Who's got the best player in the state

I don't know enough about the teams down south to rank 1-10, but there are several players up here in the panhandle who I would think would be in the top 10:

Ben Crockett from McLean
Chism Henderson from McLean
Kason Vigil from WD
The Freeman kid from WD

Some others I know just from reading the board or watching games:

the Strawn spread back
Milford's spread back/RB

1. T Smith from Milford is TOPS, NO DOUBT.
2. 3. strawn has 2
4. Iredell has 1 SALTY STUD, think his name is Morgan Whitfield
5. Crockett from McLean
6. Garden City has a good one at SB/QB
7. Mallory from Union Hill
8. Brown from Coolidge
9. Key Davis from Oakwood
10. number 10 at Amherst

MY TOP 10 ..... for 2018-19 football season ... THIS IS NOT THE PAST, BUT THE PRESENT

I personally was raised in Coolidge and looking at this team this year is imcredible I’ve been to the games I’ve watched the kids all shine together. I’m saying from what I’ve seen. Maybe you have to watch the kid”s” In action

Jacketfann123":pssb80n5 said:
I personally was raised in Coolidge and looking at this team this year is imcredible I’ve been to the games I’ve watched the kids all shine together. I’m saying from what I’ve seen. Maybe you have to watch the kid”s” In action

Jacketfann,
I travel weekly to games and last year I saw the Hayes kid in action 2x... Both were blowout losses.
One was 52-0.
STUDS show up and PLAY and he played timid vs Milford last year in a 0-52 loss.

STUDS such as the kid from Richland Springs or Strawn showed up vs. Milford

Wonder Dog":2whez5vm said:
Jacketfann123":2whez5vm said:

Jacketfann,
I travel weekly to games and last year I saw the Hayes kid in action 2x... Both were blowout losses.
One was 52-0.
STUDS show up and PLAY and he played timid vs Milford last year in a 0-52 loss.

STUDS such as the kid from Richland Springs or Strawn showed up vs. Milford
Wonderdog why are we talking back and fourth about, last year? onderdog why does the score say 60-18 Milford not 52-0 if you were there and remember so vividly? Don’t know the kids past don’t know how he was for teams before. You sounds like someone who lives in the past and doesn’t know a lick. I’m staying from what I am seeing this year from games stats and furthermore. You stay in the past and let this team thrive in the present.

Wonder Dog":2b5d0ycn said:
1. T Smith from Milford is TOPS, NO DOUBT.
2. 3. strawn has 2
4. Iredell has 1 SALTY STUD, think his name is Morgan Whitfield
5. Crockett from McLean
6. Garden City has a good one at SB/QB
7. Mallory from Union Hill
8. Brown from Coolidge
9. Key Davis from Oakwood
10. number 10 at Amherst

MY TOP 10 ..... for 2018-19 football season ... THIS IS NOT THE PAST, BUT THE PRESENT

I don't mean to get anyone butt hurt but the question was asked who was the best and I gave my opinion and it involved one kid from Coolidge.

I think you need to get outside of Coolidge and see other kids play. S Hayes is not top 10, Now don't get me wrong HE IS GOOD, but there are better kids out there playing 6 man ball.

And once again, TOP TEN STUDS might get beat, BUT I HAVE YET TO SEE ONE get beat 52-0. IF you are TOP TEN, that one kid should/could/would score one TD (yep living in 2017 again)

jacketfann,

Sorry I got my scores mixed up from LAST YEAR, I've seen so many games I forgot what butt whipp'n Crowell took last year.
Strawn was the team that shut hays down 52-0
Milford from where I was sitting had him running timid, losing 60-18. That game showed the difference between Smith vs Hayes

Hayes is GOOD, Yes he is, but I've seen several games this year to see he is not top 5.

I've seen Strawn vs McLean
I've seen Borden County
I've seen Iredell in action vs Blum
I've seen White Deer
I've seen Garden City

ALL THIS YEAR, but it's probably the past since those games have past by this year.

The problem with determining your top played is that it’s highly dependent on what kind of set is being run. I think any of the top 5 can be interchanged. I know that the Crockett kid and one of those Strawn kids are great.

Strawn runs a team oriented offense, not centered on any one player such as Taron Smith at Milford. Player #45 at Strawn will not handle the ball near as often as Taron or might not even be on the field on some possessions. On the same note #45 certainly shows his ability when given the chance. Running back #1 at Strawn scored the first touchdown against McLean and he is a sophomore. Strawn spreads the ball around to several players so I prefer to talk about outstanding Team play instead of a player. Don't want these players to get the bighead and trip on their shoe strings.

Imma throw Zephyr SB/QB/RB/Receiver, #11, Williams into this conversation. Great size and speed. Very strong verticle leap. Excellent hands receiving. I think he's as good as any receiver in the state, in any classification. Really strong defensive end.
As much as I like Iredell SB #1 Morgan, I haven't seen him have to do a lot due to lesser competition. Does he play defense at all? So far, he hasn't been needed.

1.Ta’Ron Smith - Milford
2. Crocket- McLean
3. Morgan Whitfield - Iredell
4. Tanner Hodgkins - Strawn
5. Key Davis - Oakwood
6. Colt Mallory - Union Hill
7. Carlos Villanueva- Strawn
8. Corbin Shrotke - Milford
9. Skylar Hayes - Coolidge
10. Cameron Parham - Richland Springs

The fact if the matter is any of these mentioned players are not what they are without a team. The valley QB is a prime example. He shinned last year on a team with 6 other great players. Valley cannot win this year so in my opinion all the players mentioned are great but let's not forget the 5 or 6 other kids doing all the work beside them. The best team wins always not the best player..

The fact if the matter is any of these mentioned players are not what they are without a team. The valley QB is a prime example. He shinned last year on a team with 6 other great players. Valley cannot win this year so in my opinion all the players mentioned are great but let's not forget the 5 or 6 other kids doing all the work beside them. The best team wins always not the best player..

Back