Wellman-Union coach to go before UIL Exec Cmte

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
AUSTIN, Texas —The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22 at the Courtyard Marriott Pflugerville to determine the eligibility of student athletes and discuss alleged rules violations

A schedule of Tuesday’s hearings follows.

HEARING (AA-BB)
9:00 a.m.
AA.
Wellman-Union High School: Section 1208(i)(1), Ejection from a Contest, Brian Sepkowitz.

9:30 a.m.
BB.
Mount Vernon High School: Appeal of District 7-3A Division I Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes.
1. Student A
2. Student B

UIL State Executive Committee Meeting Results

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, Texas —The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League met Tuesday to hand down decisions on eligibility of student-athletes and issue penalties for UIL rule violations.

Two student-athletes from Mount Vernon High School were denied appeals for varsity eligibility, upholding the previous rulings of the district executive committees.

Wellman-Union head football coach Brian Sepkowitz was denied an appeal of an ejection from a contest and was issued the automatic penalty of a public reprimand, one-year probation, and additional training.

Briles will alwaya get worse treatment than Burkhart infront of the UIL!

How well do the suspended for a year coaches do after they are no longer suspended? Is the guy that got arrested at Marfa while coaching for Sanderson, I think his name is O'Dell, stay at Sanderson and/or get another job?

1880":1m8ask11 said:
One _pac2018":1m8ask11 said:
Briles can’t catch a break man
Once a Cheater always a Cheater
Yup! R (cant say the word) university, dont understand why they didnt get the death penalty. Briles is a joke who's trying to cover his tracks.
Private schools, private rules

[/quote]
Yup! R (cant say the word) university, dont understand why they didnt get the death penalty. Briles is a joke who's trying to cover his tracks.
Private schools, private rules[/quote]

Are you serious?

It has already been established that the young men at Mt. Vernon had already been denied by the district committee prior to Briles even being offered the job. With that benig the case how is Briles cheating in this situation?

Private schools, private rules[/quote]

Are you serious?

It has already been established that the young men at Mt. Vernon had already been denied by the district committee prior to Briles even being offered the job. With that benig the case how is Briles cheating in this situation?[/quote]

Haha are you serious? Cater to a R*pe enabler. Dude cheated and knew it. I feel sorry for you and your Stockholm syndrome. Look how he recruited, it's not that hard! good gosh

LBK6manFan":cbfsax4g said:

Are you serious?

It has already been established that the young men at Mt. Vernon had already been denied by the district committee prior to Briles even being offered the job. With that benig the case how is Briles cheating in this situation?[/quote]

Haha are you serious? Cater to a R*pe enabler. Dude cheated and knew it. I feel sorry for you and your Stockholm syndrome. Look how he recruited, it's not that hard! good gosh[/quote]

To paraphrase goob, I don't think yew know what your talking about. Ever heard of Title IX?
https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ ... x_dis.html
I'm required to take yearly training on this.
Every college is required to have a representative for this office as well as other representatives that students are able to discuss related problems with confidentially. Baylor did not adequately fulfill this responsibility to say the least. That's not Briles fault.
The athletic Director was responsible for this. He didn't do His job.
Yes I believe Briles figured out something was wrong at some point.
At what point do you tell your boss, something's wrong, this ain't right, it could get us both in big trouble. Straighten it out or I quit. In spite of the success.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2019/ ... l-in-2019/

LBK6manFan":2ccd0886 said:
1880":2ccd0886 said:
One _pac2018":2ccd0886 said:

Say there Lubbockmanfan, do I remember correctly? Didn't Briles and his Bears used to beat the crap out of the red raiders every time they met? You may still have a little burr under your saddle! Lol

Johnny South":13tkvz5k said:
LBK6manFan":13tkvz5k said:
1880":13tkvz5k said:
One _pac2018":13tkvz5k said:

Say there Lubbockmanfan, do I remember correctly? Didn't Briles and his Bears used to beat the crap out of the red raiders every time they met? You may still have a little burr under your saddle! Lol

Yessir Ill agree, youre right. Its hard being a Tech fan these days in football but the Leach years we owned Baylor. So that being said, yes Briles is a good coach, not a good person. If I remember correctly wasnt he the guy that was screaming for his INJURED player to get off the field so he wouldnt burn a timeout or waste precious seconds? Didnt Oakman kick Mahomes in the face while he was on the ground and wasnt flagged for it? Briles knew what type of players he was bringing in and just cared about wins, why hasnt any college hired him in what 4 years now?

In college it’s all about winning ! You tear your acl oh well on your the next guy . Same with any injury . College coaches have to win to keep there job . Do you think the athletes are there just to play ? Heck no they are there to win and go get paid . Now the leach comment is definitely right ! Leach was a hell of a coach . Only reason Baylor is on the map is because of briles . Now I do not agree with the scandal and if he was apart of it shame on him . I don’t think he was the ring leader but he definitely had to know . Not disagreeing with anything you said because a lot of it I agree . But I will say I bet the uil eventually kicks briles out . That’s just my opinion. I Hope he coaches as long as possible but something tells me this high school thing will get shut down . Sure hope not

One year probation is just in case he gets kicked out of a contest again. Just a slap on the wrist per say. Any coach can appeal an ejection, but I've never seen one overturned by UIL. They will always side with the referees in these cases. You get the same punishment if you decide not to appeal and then you have to take a couple of cheesy courses about sportsmanship and ethics. Nothing is ever done to the big-headed official that goes on a power trip.

One _pac2018":dkx9pug9 said:
In college it’s all about winning ! You tear your acl oh well on your the next guy . Same with any injury . College coaches have to win to keep there job . Do you think the athletes are there just to play ? Heck no they are there to win and go get paid . Now the leach comment is definitely right ! Leach was a hell of a coach . Only reason Baylor is on the map is because of briles . Now I do not agree with the scandal and if he was apart of it shame on him . I don’t think he was the ring leader but he definitely had to know . Not disagreeing with anything you said because a lot of it I agree . But I will say I bet the uil eventually kicks briles out . That’s just my opinion. I Hope he coaches as long as possible but something tells me this high school thing will get shut down . Sure hope not

Very fair statement, great points! Only thing I disagree with is Briles putting Baylor on the map. That would be Anne Richards lol

Did the wellman coach get ejected cause of a bad call from the refs? I'm not defending him just curious. I would also like for the uil to hold refs responsible. Some are really good and some are really bad.

granger":15opmaht said:
There was a guy born in Hermleigh named Grant Teaff who won a few games there...
Wellman or Baylor? I'm not aware, before Leach I watched Spike coach with Zebbie. Leach changed the game. Wellman... I dont know much of. How is it fair for the coach to go before the UIL and not the ref? I would assume both would go and state their cases.
Someone mentioned Sanderons coach from last year. Where is he at now? l feel like he did the right thing granted the situation.

Back