Vance Jone
Mike Reed
Trey Richie

Bubble:
Nathan Hayes
James Rigdon
Harley Ethridge
Terry Crawford
Cervantes (I'm really confused about his first name)

Did I miss anyone?

My underrated coaches:

Jacob Popham, Loraine

John Cherry, Rochelle

Zach White, Cherokee

John Mcfarlin, Blum

Craig Steele, May
Nice list.

I would put Steele up there with big name. He’s made several deep runs and a few title appearances.

I would say Hoover from Anton and Rucker from White Deer are underrated. Also like what The Klondike coach has done.

Hmmm, maybe we should define who is a big name first? I'll go first:

Locks:
Jerry Burkhart
Dewaine Lee
Vance Jone
Mike Reed
Trey Richie

Bubble:
Nathan Hayes
James Rigdon
Harley Ethridge
Terry Crawford

Did I miss anyone?
Are they big names because of their coaching or their kids names??

He whines a lot but only to certain offenders but I will say Bigham would have to be included. Absolutely Steele would have to be at the top tier, I would put hays up as a lock he’s won several ships. If rigdon is on there not to beat a dead horse but I wouldnt put him on there he’s been kicked off the last several coaching jobs am I wrong.? and Cervantes are on there you would be a fool not to include Shawn Rodgers on this list. Let’s not forget Gallegos.?.? I think thats right from Jonesboro super solid. Abbott coach.?. Name slips my mind.

Last edited:
He whines a lot but only to certain offenders but I will say Bigham would have to be included. Absolutely Steele would have to be at the top tier, I would put hays up as a lock he’s won several ships. If rigdon is on there not to beat a dead horse but I would put him on there he’s been kicked off the last several coaching jobs am I wrong.? and Cervantes are on there you would be a fool not to include Shawn Rodgers on this list. Let’s a not forget Gallegos.?.? I think that right from Jonesboro super solid. Abbott coach.?. Name slips my mind.
Terry Crawford at Abbott. I agree he is a lock.

This is a hint at certain people. Would you care to elaborate..?.?.?
Etheridge.?.? No he’s taken follet without a kid.
Hays..? Again Crowell without a kid playing I believe or at-least not super effective yet.
Richie.?.?.seriously he’s done it awhile even while playing ball.
I’m not gonna go through them all with kids but 99% I would say no, not because of a child. Only one that was mentioned that makes any sense of why you would say that and it would be Rigdon and that’s just because he hasn’t been a head coach anywhere and lets be honest he hasn’t went anywhere that was gonna lose because of supporting cast. So is this what your asking for.?.

Here are some guys that have impressed me from my short time paying attention to the 6 man game.

Dalton DeGraffenreid @ Klondike
Jeff Jones @ Garden City
Garret Avalos @ Rankin
Homer Matlock @ Westbrook
Josh Stanaland @ Jayton
That’s why I started this thread. Every guy on your list in an exceptional coach, with Jones, Slaughter and Stanaland being on this list for many years. You never read too much about them on here, mainly because they keep their head down and work. Thanks for recognizing these gentlemen! They’re awesome coaches and even better men!

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe we should define who is a big name first? I'll go first:

Locks:
Jerry Burkhart
Dewaine Lee
Vance Jone
Mike Reed
Trey Richie

Bubble:
Nathan Hayes
James Rigdon
Harley Ethridge
Terry Crawford

Did I miss anyone?
Mike Reed? Was that a joke?

Both. While I thought about splitting it into like "Bubble Coaches" and "Big Personalities," I did not want to single Rigdon and maybe Harley out.

I agree about Rodgers being on the bubble. Steele could be on the bubble as well. Hayes, to me, is either top bubble or lowest lock.

If we are talking all-time, I have a few more:

Donnell, last at Sanderson and Sierra Blanca before that.

Landon Buffe, Zephyr

Joe Helms, last at Grandfalls and Bryson before that.

Jerry Miller, last at Gustine

Mitch Lee, last at Panther Creek

Chad Satcher, last at Mt. Calm and Buckholts before that.

Cameron Norris, last at Santa Anna

Ennis Erikson, Balmorhea, Brookesmith, Silverton, and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back