Turf Chalk

coachryannchs

11-man fan
Hey coaches,

We're entering just our second year of 6-man up here in Washington. I was wondering, what do y'all use on turf to mark the field dimensions? We had to use cones last year so if we can find a better way, that would really help us out. Thank you for any suggestions or ideas.

Most of the time in playoffs on turf fields tape is the option used. The rolls similar to duct tape at a Lowe's or Home Depot. You can get it in white. It pulls right up off the field.

Most of the paint companies (pioneer, USSC, all american) sell an aerosol spray can of white specifically for turf. Comes off with a little water.

Hey coaches,

We're entering just our second year of 6-man up here in Washington. I was wondering, what do y'all use on turf to mark the field dimensions? We had to use cones last year so if we can find a better way, that would really help us out. Thank you for any suggestions or ideas.
Coach, get in touch with Coach Degraffenreid at Klondike. We played them in the playoffs and they have a whole crew of dads that set up the field, and do an awesome job of it. He can point you in the right direction of what to use on a turf field. And as for back of the end zone dimensions, every public school playoff game that I have seen or been apart of, uses the the 10 yd line to goal line as the endzone, and we use a portable goal post on each side.

Many times in the playoffs, we play on eleven man fields. When that happens, we use turf chalk to mark our lines. Below is just one example. The chalk comes off either with wear or with water.

Attachments

• 33391862-252D-4080-BD0B-F2348827166D.png
    33391862-252D-4080-BD0B-F2348827166D.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
You can look at this robotic turf painter called the turf tank. It is an investment that can itself off if you can find multiple schools to use it or multiple years. I feel the UIL schools in the C-City and Lubbock area could use the turf tank for playoffs.

Back