Throckmorton - State Champions, Again?

I think Throck definitely has the best chance to take state of anyone left in the race. I've seen both Valley and Throck, and in my mind, if Throck can keep from turning the ball over they can beat Valley by a solid 10-15 points, but if Valley can play keepaway and force Throck into some turnovers, they just may have a chance to dethrone the mighty Greyhounds. Either way, the winner of this game deserves to be a favorite in the state game.

I think abbott needs to be right there too. They beat dallas the covenant. A team that beat both throck and valley. Abbott has the defense and the offense. If they had a better kicking game i would say odds are good but they still have a shot at beating either team.

david_rantala":exzszsk3 said:
I think abbott needs to be right there too. They beat dallas the covenant. A team that beat both throck and valley. Abbott has the defense and the offense. If they had a better kicking game i would say odds are good but they still have a shot at beating either team.
That's true, I haven't seen Abbott play but beating Covenant is very impressive... I know that if Throck has as many turnovers as they did in the Covenant game, then Abbott will likely take advantage of them. Either way it looks like there's a great game shaping up to take place in Abilene in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of kicking game, Throck has one of the best I've seen, all aspects, extra points, kick off and a great onside kick game.

ryry":11mzhalk said:
Speaking of kicking game, Throck has one of the best I've seen, all aspects, extra points, kick off and a great onside kick game.

Extremely impressed with the onside kicks. Gets that almost perfect hope almost everytime. Rankin struggled with it every single time. I was surprised to never see the front line go up and block and the second line come up to handle the ball.

lonestarbulldog":1bvzzp50 said:
ryry":1bvzzp50 said:

Extremely impressed with the onside kicks. Gets that almost perfect hope almost everytime. Rankin struggled with it every single time. I was surprised to never see the front line go up and block and the second line come up to handle the ball.
I totally agree. And I was thinking the exact same thing. Boy that kid has a pretty but scary in a way onside kick. I love it lol.

Just for informational purposes. There is no such place as Turkey Valley. It is commonly refered to as just Valley. It is the consolidated school of Quitaque and Turkey Texas. The reason you sometimes see it as Turkey Valley is because Turkey-Quitaque, Valley High School is too long to fit on the Tv screen or the newspaper biline.

Well there is no such place a Roscoe Highland either...at least Turkey is part of the Valley school...Roscoe and Highland are two different places and schools....unless you believe in conspiracy theories often brought up by some on this message board about South Roscoe High School.

Throck is a good team but Water Valley and Rankin have taken way to much out of them. It is hard to get up for quality teams like the aforementioned week in and week out. For this reason, Valley by 16.

Have seen them both on film....if Valley stays within 16 I will be excited. Not taking anything away from Valley but Throck is way way good! I want Valley to win because they beat the team that beat us out of the playoffs!

patriotpaul":1ycot80g said:
Just for informational purposes. There is no such place as Turkey Valley. It is commonly refered to as just Valley. It is the consolidated school of Quitaque and Turkey Texas. The reason you sometimes see it as Turkey Valley is because Turkey-Quitaque, Valley High School is too long to fit on the Tv screen or the newspaper biline.

But refering to it as Turkey Balley really bothers some so that that makes it fun for some of us who you have shattered their dreams in years past.

The reason you sometimes see it as Turkey Valley is because Turkey-Quitaque, Valley High School is too long to fit on the Tv screen or the newspaper biline.

Growing up in Throckmorton, I always thought that one name was far too long. And it must be, as most here seem to reduce it to Throck or T-rock.

On the other hand, now I am pretty proud of it and the team that represents it, too!

Longwayhome, if you want to message me your cell # I could text u score updates next Saturday when our Greyhounds go for back-to-back State Championships !!!

Back