Thoughts on Coach Lee to aquilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texlonghorn75 said:
The school board meeting that was to be held tonight was cancelled and is scheduled for Monday evening now. I wasn't aware that the coach has leveraged threats of leaving for pay raises in the past. And I feel badly for Aquilla and their students for making a good faith offer to get a coach and wind up just being used. I assume Roscoe's information is correct but until it's official I will just wait and see. Otherwise Karma is alive and well.

Peolpe knew about this but didn’t want to believe it.
 
Sure would be funny if Lee wound up losing out on both jobs. I just want to know what Strawn isd had to pay for the buyout of former Superintendent. Surely it was two years salary? Money is alot easier to spend when it's not coming from your checking account. I wouldn't want any part of overseeing their budget for the next 5-7 years.
 

Texlonghorn75

Active member
Mexican Englishman said:
Sure would be funny if Lee wound up losing out on both jobs. I just want to know what Strawn isd had to pay for the buyout of former Superintendent. Surely it was two years salary? Money is alot easier to spend when it's not coming from your checking account. I wouldn't want any part of overseeing their budget for the next 5-7 years.
This raiding the tax payers cookie jar is somewhat similar to the Richland Springs switcharo with first promoting Coach Rigdon to head coach then bringing back conquering hero Burkhart to save the day. In both cases the tax payers ultimately pays the price again. The school board members smirk and say they did their due diligence but they all deserve a swift kick(out the door). It's the same old story of the tail wagging the dog. Chasing the ring. The students get an education on how Not to do things and witness it first hand.
 

6for6

New member
Here’s the recently posted opening for Aquilla’s AD/Head Football:
https://jobs.esc12.net/postings/6619
 

coachbronk

Member
Everyone Knows More said:
6for6 said:
Here’s the recently posted opening for Aquilla’s AD/Head Football:
https://jobs.esc12.net/postings/6619[/quote
Who comes to Aquilla now?

Hopefully an actual professional who cares about kids, building a program and doing things the right way. This whole situation is embarrassing to our profession.
 
coachbronk said:
Everyone Knows More said:
6for6 said:
Here’s the recently posted opening for Aquilla’s AD/Head Football:
https://jobs.esc12.net/postings/6619[/quote
Who comes to Aquilla now?

Hopefully an actual professional who cares about kids, building a program and doing things the right way. This whole situation is embarrassing to our profession.

Lee and Aquilla Administration failed horrifically
 
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Aquilla paying 100k to a sixman coach (which is unheard of-kudos to Lee to pull the smooze on Aquilla) Aquillas local 1A, 2A and 3A schools Athletic Directors and Principals do not even make 100k and then also get a house? Lee has this history. Why was Lee not at Aquilla and working before school was over? Why was he let in to talk to the kids and rumors were fling everywhere. Please correct me
 

biggernbetter

New member
People on this site never cease to amaze me and the sad part is some of y'all are coaches. Bottom line is this........nobody is going to look out for our families but us. You are crazy if you don't think administrators, school boards and parents won't run a good coach and his family out of town for not winning or playing the right kids. Anybody who thinks Coach Lee schemed this big plan and knew what was going to happen don't have a clue. I'm pretty sure Coach Lee has proven he is a professional and built a program that others would love to have over the last 18 years. Not many of you coaches on this board can put that on a resume. Aquilla will hire a coach and the kids there will work hard and be successful. I promise you, their world was not crushed by this situation. Y'all have a great day.
 

Texlonghorn75

Active member
coachsteele said:
People on this site never cease to amaze me and the sad part is some of y'all are coaches. Bottom line is this........nobody is going to look out for our families but us. You are crazy if you don't think administrators, school boards and parents won't run a good coach and his family out of town for not winning or playing the right kids. Anybody who thinks Coach Lee schemed this big plan and knew what was going to happen don't have a clue. I'm pretty sure Coach Lee has proven he is a professional and built a program that others would love to have over the last 18 years. Not many of you coaches on this board can put that on a resume. Aquilla will hire a coach and the kids there will work hard and be successful. I promise you, their world was not crushed by this situation. Y'all have a great day.
Well Coach Steele there are some Strawn people that believe that was the plan to leverage the Aquilla offer for a Strawn match or better. I'm sure the outgoing superintendent could fill you in if he was so inclined. This story is not about all the coaches who were shown the door for any of a multitude of reasons. Resumes don't tell everything about a person either.
 

CougarNation

New member
So you think it was the administration's fault because the school was offering him too much money! That makes perfect sense!... Thanks for clarifying. SMH

Aquilla certainly isn't sitting around crying about it, as I am sure Strawn isn't either. I am glad they figured it all out before they got here and were miserable. We wish them well.
 

6for6

New member
Aquilla erred because they lack self awareness. Obviously they do not have enough talent to land a top tier coach like Dewayne Lee, and the fact that he demanded $107,000 and a free house should have been a red flag. Aquilla's admin should have set their sights on an attainable candidate like Randall Ballew, who was obviously eager to leave Penelope, instead of a coach who has a history of using other schools as leverage. Frankly, it will be at least 5 years before the river rats can compete with Abbott on the gridiron, regardless of who takes the reins.
 

RoscoeSparks11

New member
Strawn board members should have offered to build a statue of him. If they would have instead of all the money he’s gonna get, he would have taken that and they could have saved some taxpayer money to upgrade the school and help educational things. Dewaine= Bud Kilmer.
 
I did a quick Google search for the highest paid high school coaches in Texas. It said of the 32 playoff teams in 5A and 6A the average salary was $ 112,000 and some change.The highest paid coach in Texas is making a little over $158,000. With what Strawn did to keep Lee I would say he is the highest paid coach in Texas now.
 

RoscoeSparks11

New member
I also did a quick google search. As of the 2019-2020 school year, an average teacher's salary at Strawn was $49,786, which is $7,305 less than the state average. On average, teachers had 14 years of experience. If you took Kilmer out of that sample and his $80-90k a year salary. Strawn don’t give a hoot about education.
 
This is a grown ass man and a Strawn resident that is running his mouth after lee has coached his kids and as of this year the youngest still helps out in sports. Get the hell off this site. U are a embarrassment to our town. Lee has done nothing but built a winning team. This is a site for coaches to communicate and to recognize athletes for their accomplishments ; not for your drama!
 

RoscoeSparks11

New member
First off I’m not hiding behind the computer. My name is clearly written right here. Second my youngest doesnt even go to school in Strawn jack wagon. Get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself. Why don’t you not be a coward and hide behind a name. And nothing I say here I haven’t voiced publicly. Your the tough guy hiding behind a false name behind a computer.
 
Curious question: was there ever any first-hand evidence or something to substantiate that he was offered $100k+ from Aquilla, or was that strictly hearsay?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top