The "Too Early Bracket Primer"

pup

11-man fan
Been quietly letting players and dads battle it out on who they think is the "best" team and which team is getting no respect (Rodney Dangerfield!). Also been quietly pondering wildcard points and trying to figure out how TAPPS is going to treat travel within and outside regions. Here is my best guess to date:

Top half-

Seguin v. FW Covenant- I'm picking Seguin to lose to San Marcos and will have to rely on wildcard points AND get shipped way north just like Freddy last year. Because there will be three wildcards from District 2, there won't be a place for Seguin in the southern side of the bracket.

WF Notre Dame bye. I hate first round byes.

Richardson v WF Christian- Richard will have the second most wildcard points (to Seguin) and can't play a first round game against a district opponent. But they benefit from close proximity to Wichita Falls.

Longview bye. I hate first round byes.

Bottom half-

Granbury v. Alvin- Winners of the longest road trip of the playoffs, Granbury has to go to Alvin (assuming Alvin loses to Brenham next week).

Freddy bye. Did I say I hate byes?

Heath v. San Marcos- I'm picking San Marcos to knock off Seguin and take second in District 3. Heath goes south based on wildcard points and nowhere to put them in the top half.

Brenham bye- Am I wrong to think that even district winners need to prove they are the best, including a first round playoff game?

Not gonna go any further and pick winners and losers as there are a few key games left to play. I think, though, that San Marcos/Seguin in the top half will make some noise. Looking forward to seeing if District 2 is as good as the players and dads think it is! Discuss.........

I totally agree with the first round bye is not needed, but that gets more teams into the playoffs, which I am not a fan of eaither. Also, like Freddy will need a bye, they have 2 byes and a cake game for there last 3 weeks. Seguin has a bye there last week also. Getting Seguin out of the lower bracket, that would be good for them and us. That bracket works good for Brenham, even if Alvin and them switch spots. Not that I don't like Seguin, just not a fan. I would rather our team face a better Freddy then Seguin. Just my opinion. But first, Texas Christian this Saturday!

Back