Texas Rangers 2011

markf

Six-man fan
Get you're playoff tickets now,,this team is really good..

Craig Biggio..was a great player...
Micheal Young is a Great player...
What are Biggio stats compaired to Young's? too old and tired to look
Young stays healthy,,He will be a Hall of Famer
Already talk of M.Y. for M.V.P.

Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am making plans on attending MY's Hall of Fame induction...but I bet it takes him a while before he gets in...kind of like Bert Blyleven...unless he gets 3,000 hits which is possible.

Young vs Biggio...lets take a look:

Young's playing in his 12th season...so lets look at the two's first 12 seasons side by side with an * by Young's because his 12th season still has over a month left to play....

G AB H 2B 3B HR RBI R SB BA SLG OPS BB
Young 1631 6651 2017 383 52 168 896 980 85 .303 .452 .802 483
Biggio 1699 6389 1868 389 38 152 706 1120 346 .292 .430 .800 786

Biggio was walked and Hit-By-Pitch A LOT! So I guess we should compare Plate Apperances for the 2 as well: Young - PA: 7240; Biggio - PA: 7435

Also...keep in mind that this is including Young's first year playing in the bigs, 2000, which he only played in 2 games and recorded 2 ABs/PAs, getting out both times...so really his stats are only for 11 seasons...Biggio's first season was in 1988 and he played in 50 games with 131 PAs (123 ABs)

Young - 7 All-Star Games, 1 Gold Glove
Biggio - 7 All-Star Games, 4 Gold Gloves, 5 Silver Slugger Awards

Young has only lead the league in an offensive category 2 times: both in '05 in Hits and BA...I believe he is currently leading the league in Hits this season

Biggio (in his first 12 seasons) lead the league in: Runs twice, 2B 3 times, SB once, and Hit-By-Pitch 3 times.

After his 12th season Biggio did not make another all-star team or win another silver slugger or gold glove...from what I am looking at anyway...my source could be wrong...but I doubt it

The Red Sox look awfully tough this year, and so do the Phillies. I would like to see the Rangers make it back to the WS, but if they do, it will probably be against the Phillies.

Last year I was hoping that they would get the Phillies in the World Series because the Ranger's hitters have a very good history against 2 of their pitchers, Halladay and Oswalt, both have struggled against Texas in their careers. If they would have played Philly they would have won, San Fran was a bad match up...So if they can get back there again...Red Sox will be hard to beat...I don't think the Phillies will give them that much trouble.

Sure hope i didnt speak to soon..4 game lead...

With the Red Sox coming to town for four games,,then the
Angels for three,,then TB
Next 7 games ,fingernail biting time...

Yes sir,,just a matter of a few days,,got my tickets..

Elvis showing some power,,Ian,,uppercut swing...

Looks like im gonna have to use some vacation time

this team looks to be good for a few years,,very good
minor league...

No more call ups

Magic number is now 6...

All those years as a Ranger Fan,,,Now It's Time

Elvis really showing some power...
Got my tickets,,,ready for a good time

my prediction is Texas will clinch on friday I don't think the Halos will survive they're roadie that they are on.

I hope they clinch on Friday. I have 12 tickets for the ALDS, and already have 4 for the ALCS waiting on Saturday to come to buy some more. Waiting for the 27th to buy my World Series tickets. Can't wait until the playoffs start.

Rangers%20-%20Logo.gif

Back