Strawn

I don’t really understand what you are saying here, but I will tell you something that I do know. There are three coaches that can take about any D2 group of kids and be a playoff contender. With D1 numbers they are almost guaranteed a championship. They are Lee, Burkhart, and Jones.
If Lee steps aside, well, then there are two.
Just 3?
Lee,
fostered a kid from Silverton ( Clifton Baker) before he took over at Strawn. Won a very close semifinal game against a tough RS team on the last play (Baker). Wins state championship against FD(even though Gordon ran through them in district).
Takes Coach Rigdon in on an already great staff, has 2 stud boys, one being POY and the other DMVP. Wins state.

Burkhart,
Known for "cruitin", cutting corners, burning bridges, probably the most disliked (due to multiple reasons) Coach in 6man. Heck of a Coach, defensive guru but... couldn't win at Stanton, quit before he even tried Gordon. Will be remembered as a great Coach with dirty laundry. Has 9 championships, all at RS. Could also be remembered as the GOAT. (With dirty laundry lol)

Jones,
has been successful everywhere he's been. Has won multiple state championships and at different schools. Success seems to follow him and he is a winner. True gentleman and probably the most respected Coach in 6man! (with no baggage, fosters, transfers, "cruitin") How many different teams has he taken to state?

So which of those 3 coaches would you like to see turn a D2 team like Olfen, Lohn, Cotton Center, Darouzette, Harrold, Dawson, Kopperl etc... into a D2 Playoff Contender?

Just 3?
Lee,
fostered a kid from Silverton ( Clifton Baker) before he took over at Strawn. Won a very close semifinal game against a tough RS team on the last play (Baker). Wins state championship against FD(even though Gordon ran through them in district).
Takes Coach Rigdon in on an already great staff, has 2 stud boys, one being POY and the other DMVP. Wins state.

Burkhart,
Known for "cruitin", cutting corners, burning bridges, probably the most disliked (due to multiple reasons) Coach in 6man. Heck of a Coach, defensive guru but... couldn't win at Stanton, quit before he even tried Gordon. Will be remembered as a great Coach with dirty laundry. Has 9 championships, all at RS. Could also be remembered as the GOAT. (With dirty laundry lol)

Jones,
has been successful everywhere he's been. Has won multiple state championships and at different schools. Success seems to follow him and he is a winner. True gentleman and probably the most respected Coach in 6man! (with no baggage, fosters, transfers, "cruitin") How many different teams has he taken to state?

So which of those 3 coaches would you like to see turn a D2 team like Olfen, Lohn, Cotton Center, Darouzette, Harrold, Dawson, Kopperl etc... into a D2 Playoff Contender?
Coach Jones has taken four schools to state (Marathon, Sanderson, Garden City, Balmorhea) winning at three of them (Marathon, GC and Balmorhea).

Just 3?
Lee,

Burkhart,

Jones,

It was Parsons that scored on that last play not Baker.

Last edited:
Burkhart,

It’s obvious that you don’t even know the man. I believe that it would be well worth your while to make a special effort to meet the man, maybe attend one of his clinics, and at least get to know him before you start repeating the false accusations of those three or four haters.

And I said those three could take just “About any D2 team” not just “Any” D2 team and make them into a playoff contender. There has to be some Basic building blocks there, or it will take more than one season to turn them around.

Johnny you are beginning to sound like Biden's press secretary. The only misinformatin is your misinformation. Everyone else is a hater but you. Convenient to call people names that you don't know either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it's on this website. Just another day in Paradise.

Last edited:
It’s obvious that you don’t even know the man. I believe that it would be well worth your while to make a special effort to meet the man, maybe attend one of his clinics, and at least get to know him before you start repeating the false accusations of those three or four haters.

And I said those three could take just “About any D2 team” not just “Any” D2 team and make them into a playoff contender. There has to be some Basic building blocks there, or it will take more than one season to turn them around.
3-4 haters Johnny? That’s comical. Don’t go to his clinics if you want to see the real him, go to the school watch him pray with kids and then cuss them. Watch how he treats people that don’t worship him or agree with him. He is not the man you pretend he is. But the man can coach football

3-4 haters Johnny? That’s comical. Don’t go to his clinics if you want to see the real him, go to the school watch him pray with kids and then cuss them. Watch how he treats people that don’t worship him or agree with him. He is not the man you pretend he is. But the man can coach football
Just playing devil's advocate here, but maybe JB does not require people to "worship" him. Rather, maybe he just wants a little respect! Although I have never heard him cuss, JB is doing well pretty well if that is his worst infraction.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but maybe JB does not require people to "worship" him. Rather, maybe he just wants a little respect! Although I have never heard him cuss, JB is doing well pretty well if that is his worst infraction.
I expected this opinion from you it’s ok support your guy, nothing wrong with that.

Back to the topic that started this thread, any word on Lee stepping away from coaching?

Like all the haters/critics of Coach Burkhart, he lives rent free in your minds.

I have met Coach Burkhart at clinics, also have had the pleasure of coaching against him these past two seasons. I have always found him to be a class act and a gentleman. After we played them, he called and checked on how my injured player was. Both he and Coach Lee sent me congratulatory messages after we won our State title. I think both men are obviously great coaches and also outstanding men.
I don't have the pleasure of knowing Coach Jones.

Back