Sterling City going 11man...

I hate this news! Sorry Sterling City! :*(

While this should happen more (IE: 11-man, to 6-man, back to 11-man,) I can't remember another example of it.

If you are a sixman school near an urban area, then you may not be a sixman school for long. Conversely, you will probably play sixman if you are a rural school district without oil.

The oil schools, like Sterling City, will have perodic population growth, which may force them to play sixman some years and 11-man during other years. I also think the 6-man schools on the bubble of urban areas (the 7 in Hill County come to mind, Milford, Prairie Lea, Buckholts, McDade, maybe Lometa or Evant) might experience something similar, especially if the urban areas (San Marcos, Waco, the edge of DFW, etc.) don't totally boom.

I hate this news! Sorry Sterling City! :*(

While this should happen more (IE: 11-man, to 6-man, back to 11-man,) I can't remember another example of it.

If you are a sixman school near an urban area, then you may not be a sixman school for long. Conversely, you will probably play sixman if you are a rural school district without oil.

The oil schools, like Sterling City, will have perodic population growth, which may force them to play sixman some years and 11-man during other years. I also think the 6-man schools on the bubble of urban areas (the 7 in Hill County come to mind, Milford, Prairie Lea, Buckholts, McDade, maybe Lometa or Evant) might experience something similar, especially if the urban areas (San Marcos, Waco, the edge of DFW, etc.) don't totally boom.
Wheeler went from 11 man to 6 man in 2004/5, then went back to 11 man in 2006. Harper went 6 man to 8 man to 11 man to 6 man then back to 11 man. Smyer did the same route 6 man to 8 man to 11 man to 6 man then back to 11 man. Ropes went from 11 man to 6 man then back to 11 man.

I think Lometa may be a little too far from the major urban areas to get much growth.

Wheeler went from 11 man to 6 man in 2004/5, then went back to 11 man in 2006. Harper went 6 man to 8 man to 11 man to 6 man then back to 11 man. Smyer did the same route 6 man to 8 man to 11 man to 6 man then back to 11 man. Ropes went from 11 man to 6 man then back to 11 man.

I think Lometa may be a little too far from the major urban areas to get much growth.
I remember May playing Harper back in my high school days.

Back