Sixman trivia

WV Backer

Well-known member
Any of you guys ever heard of David Steele? He coached at Water Valley back in '78-'79 timeframe. I know he was from Sydney but there are lots of folks named Steele up around there. If you know him, what ever happened to him? Just curious.
 

coachjdjones

New member
51eleven":25lrwfmr said:
CT6MFL":25lrwfmr said:
Fort Worth Masonic Home Mighty Mites

Does anyone know where Coach Rusty left from to take the job at the Masonic Home?

Waco , Kileen, somewhere in that area. Too long since I read the book.
Remember where he went when he left?


He went to Highland Park. Actually, he coached both teams the same season one year (Masonic Home and Highland Park).
 

Leman Saunders

Well-known member
Ok...I have 2 trivia questions...

1. Who once said in an ESPN interview that six-man football "is like dancing to techno music instead of country music"

2. What was the alternate title for the film The Slaughter Rule (if you use google you are cheating)
 

Thornton

Member
Leman Saunders":1bvpqabe said:
Ok...I have 2 trivia questions...

1. Who once said in an ESPN interview that six-man football "is like dancing to techno music instead of country music"

2. What was the alternate title for the film The Slaughter Rule (if you use google you are cheating)


Jim Kostia was the person on ESPN. It was in 1996 when they were on thier way to the state title. He's the older brother of Joe Kostia. The HC at Gordon now.

I've got nothing on the title.
 

Texlonghorn75

Well-known member
My question for the anointed football geniuses, what year did Strawn and Lingleville meet and what was the outcome?? Go ahead and check out Loan Star, it is not there.
 

Leman Saunders

Well-known member
Well they should have met twice, once in 1966 and once in 1967...they were in the same district those 2 seasons...if they only met once and didn't play again I would guess it was in 1966. Outcome would have been a Strawn victory I would guess

1966 District 8: Carbon, Gordon, Lingleville, Moran, Olden, Putnam, Strawn
1967 District 8: Carbon, Gordon, Lingleville, Moran, Olden, Strawn
*underlined district champs
 

Old Bearkat

Moderator
texaslonghorn75":38d0uo9r said:
My question for the anointed football geniuses, what year did Strawn and Lingleville meet and what was the outcome?? Go ahead and check out Loan Star, it is not there.

Curious minds want it in Lone Star. What was the score and date?
 

Texlonghorn75

Well-known member
OBK I will let you know when I find out. Everybody remembers playing Lingleville but no one remembers the score. May be Lingleville had a yearbook in 1967, Strawn did not. The archives of the Abilene paper might help.
 

Old Bearkat

Moderator
texaslonghorn75":tbiib0zw said:
OBK I will let you know when I find out. Everybody remembers playing Lingleville but no one remembers the score. May be Lingleville had a yearbook in 1967, Strawn did not. The archives of the Abilene paper might help.

The online ones don't. I've mined the heck out of them and never found it.
 
Top