Season went poorly... need some input on unbalanced I

coachjames

Well my season went poorly.. I tried to run an O'Brien Wingset and didn't get the buy in from the players that I had hoped for... they couldn't wrap their heads around having only 1 linemen sooo...... This year I am going to go a little more normal looking to appease the masses!

I am looking for unbalanced I information. I have attached a pic of the formation I am looking at.
View attachment unbalanced I.jpg

So I have a few plays drawn up but I would really like to hear from people that have run this and see what their thought process and reason for running it were. I picked up Coach Underwoods Book on 6 man football and I have read it thoroughly and that has got me too the point I am at now.

I can correspond either here or via email but video chat is a real problem as I have an extremely slow internet connection. So if you think you can spare a minute or 3 and toss some help my way I would be greatly appreciative.

Also how would I get ahold of Coach Burkhart about some of the 6 man coaching seminar lectures?

Jay's_Mom

Nice I was in Canada the past two summers (Hafford and Kerrobert). I wouldn't mind helping you out just send me a message on here with you email and I grew up running the J-Bird offense in Abbott and have used it since I've started coaching.

SlaughterHouse6

1985 Jayton playoff games are up on youtube and film from 2000 Panther Creek, both of which ran this formation excellently.

85 Jayton v Sierra Blanca

85 Jayton v Weinert (SemiFinal)

00 Panther Creek v Aquilla

00 Panther Creek v Abbott
Thanks! Those were enjoyable to watch!