Saturday Morning QB

51eleven

Six-man expert
Well it's after midnight on the East coast. All the games are over.

BC 45's KC would be the statement of the night I think.
Gordon 45's WS, Mackey is back?
Balmoreah 84, GC 56, Vance Jones beat's his old team and bounces back from RS.
Savoy 59, Fannindel 47, sounds like a great game.
Gorman Strawn. Congrat's Gorman. First time I've been there. They have a really cool old stadium completely surrounded by a 10' rock fence with old concrete seats on both sides. Decent BBQ sandwich (no condiments). Those visitor seats facing West catch and hold the heat well after dark.
They have the biggest band I've ever seen in six-man, I counted 26-28?
Then I counted about 24 players coming out. I.E. depth. Which was killer.
They do have speed as I'd read. And a couple of big guy's on the offensive line.
Strawn hung tough and never gave up but the freshmen & soph's were gassed by the 4th playing both way's and Gorman's depth finished them off.
One of the oddest play's I've ever seen though. Strawn SB Allison wrapped up behind the line by a rusher, no one else close but he cant take him down, no whistle for in the grasp. They dance around a couple of times, still no whistle, Allison breaks away and takes off, then a whistle. Not that it would have made a difference, just weird. The Hounds never gave up, again.

Two injuries for Knox City were too much to overcome. Borden County has a tremendous team & amazing depth. The way Coach Richey is running two squads is amazing. He has his starters for 1 play & then brings in his 2nd squad (who are plenty good) in for the next play and just alternates them after each play. What a great way to get some seasoning on some young players while keeping your starters fresh. I don't remember ever seeing it done this way, but it keeps all of his players warmed up, engaged in the game and gives them time between plays to coach them on the sideline. Brilliant. Borden County looks to me like they have a bright future.

We had a bye this week, so we had a chance to go to the Mount Calm/Avalon game. We thought about Calvert/Live Oak but chose Calm instead. This was our first chance to see MC play since the scrimmage and man are they good. They threw the ball a ton, and ran just as good. Avalon was picked to lose by 16, but it was over a couple minutes into the third. The officiating was spotty, but we've all learned to deal with that. Avalons sidelines and fans were mad and kept yelling at officials, but being from another school, we didn't see anything one sided at all. We actually thought if Avalons coach would have been on the field less, and coached his boys more, it coulld have helped. Have never seen a coach yelling at officials more in my life than I did tonight watching Avalon. Back to the game. #7, from Avallon is a tough kid. He got knocked down, hit hard, but that kid kept getting up every play. #10 and #11 from Avalon are also reallly good kids with tons of heart. They also got hit, but kept chugging along. If you have ever seen a Coach Satcher team, their offense willl rarely disappoint. What was off for us was to see how their defense was flying alll over the field. I guess the coach from Aquilla is as good as he has been saying because MC llooks good.

Some people call it complaining, others call it passion. Coach Cole is a great person, who is very passionate about his players and school. Easy to pass judgement, but hold off on condemning them, because they had a few valid complaints. Yes, there were a few bad calls; but the officials did everything in their power to explain and suffice the sidelines with explanations on their decisions. The officials played no roll in the outcome of the game, and both sides had their boys playing hard and fair. No one was severely injured, so all in all, it was a success.

If Mackey still didn't play much that's an even bigger statement as to Gordon's stoutness.
Robert Lee 62, Highland 54 sounds like a pretty good game too.
Seems like a lot more 45's than in previous weeks.

51eleven":18v6bf8d said:
If Mackey still didn't play much that's an even bigger statement as to Gordon's stoutness.
Robert Lee 62, Highland 54 sounds like a pretty good game too.
Seems like a lot more 45's than in previous weeks.
And Richland Springs still played a lot of Freshmen and sophomores.... ;-)

Smokey, I'm Almost speechless at your looong memory referencing my post from from what last week or was it the week before. Especially in light of your purported age. All I can really say is to quote the drifter, Ha.
In reality I've admired Coach Burkharts ability to do more with less than many others for years now.
Can I sit on the RS side when they probably play Calvert or Jonesboro?
Wait, do they still have that louder than any other ever air horn? It gave me a headache in Abilene 3 years ago.

smokeyjoe53":2q9f3hi8 said:
Balmorhea's horn is louder...................

I think I'll skip any opportunity to see them then. If it's louder than RS's it should be illegal.
Serious hearing damage could result from repeated extended blasts.
Wait, if I experience hearing damage can I sue them?

51eleven":2qm3zyxh said:
smokeyjoe53":2qm3zyxh said:

I think I'll skip any opportunity to see them then. If it's louder than RS's it should be illegal.

Huh?

Johnny South":1lb25ied said:
51eleven":1lb25ied said:
smokeyjoe53":1lb25ied said:

Huh?

Just (not seriously) considering ways to enhance the 51eleven retirement fund.

Savoy Football":3atpwn7f said:
Savoy was not at full strength tonight. Was a good close game and some younger players stepped in, got some playing time, and helped

Savoy Football, I am making a trip to Denison to visit family and saw that Savoy is playing at home on Friday, 16Oct. I have never been to a six-man game and would like experience this brand of TX High School football while in my Home State. I am looking for information on tickets, stadium location, etc.. Any assistance would be appreciated.

SanBenito80":34d55p42 said:
Savoy Football":34d55p42 said:
Savoy was not at full strength tonight. Was a good close game and some younger players stepped in, got some playing time, and helped

Savoy Football, I am making a trip to Denison to visit family and saw that Savoy is playing at home on Friday, 16Oct. I have never been to a six-man game and would like experience this brand of TX High School football while in my Home State. I am looking for information on tickets, stadium location, etc.. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Tickets are about $5 or less.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savoy,_Texas
Refer to the map, look for the Friday Night Lights.

So your home grown. If you like football I'll bet you like I'll bet you like Six Man More. If you give it a try.
45-0 is no fun (for one team) 54-52 can be, 82-78, 102-88. It's similar to basket ball in pads, with tackling encouraged though you get time between plays. Go see 3-4 games then decide.

Back