Roxton joining the six-man ranks

If they turned in enough to be DI they would be in with Savoy Campbell Union Hill and Irving Universal in DI District 15....honestly I think that's a better District for them

Talking to our AD in Savoy, he said they turned in 62. That would put them in D1. I would like to think UIL would put them in with us and move Union Hill to Dist. 16. But you veterans of the Sixman world know how that can go.

That is still great news. Hopefully we can get some more in this area. There are plenty of schools, just need the want to in those districts.

And the best news is it's not a crowded field school having to change to 6 man ... it's a school that hasn't played football (aka "Commie Pinko School").

This sounds like good news? Why don't more schools that dont play any form of football play 6man? And whats the big deal about east tx west tx 6man.

I am just happy with the news. I have never understood the schools not offering sixman in the East. But I would defer to the veteran Sixman fans on the difference of East/West. By watching and Savoy playing for the last three years, I can say that the power is in the West at the moment. People say that it shifts back and forth, but it is truly this way now. Throck may have been put in the east, but they are really a west team.
The West kids have been brought up in this world and it does show. They are coached up right and know the game. We learned real quick the first year with Gordon in the playoffs. Our kids and coaches had to learn on the fly and we saw first hand how the game was supposed to be played. Don't get me wrong, the East has some really good teams. I haven't saw a lot of them but I do keep up with them.
It really adds to the talk on this site, but you will never meet better people than what is in the Sixman Nation.

Seems to me that it would be smart to add them to the district that has 3 teams.

Actually the smart thing to do is to add them to Campbell, Savoy, and Irving Universal. Then move Union Hill down into District 16.

Does it matter what their enrollment is now, or when the re-alignment numbers came out?

It really doesn't matter. Throw them in with High Island, Prarie Lea, Calvert, and Buckholtz, the SUPER DISTRICT.

Won't there have to be a unanimous vote from all of the district Supts. to let them in a district mid-realignment. Or they will have to play an outlaw schedule until the next realignment. I don't think the UIL can just put them in a district until the next realignment.

1. They have to use the enrollment they turned in to the UIL for the last alignment...not their current one
2. Yes the schools in the district they are trying to be a part of have to vote to let them into district play for the 2015 season because it is not a realignment year (and I believe it has to be unanimous)...Chester and Ft Elliot both did this I believe in the recent past

Garrett2810":1jicfadn said:
Now somebody needs to convince Avinger and Neches to get a football program.

Douglas, Martin's Mill (though I bet they'd have to go 11 man), Ector, Dime Box, Round Top-Carmine, Utopia, Knippa, ......

Back