Round 1 Playoff Predictions

It’s that awesome time of year again…Texas 6 man playoffs. I will have a thread, once again this year, for everyone to post their weekly predictions and hopefully @phimutau will compile the results for us again this year. I encourage everyone to do it for both D1 and D2. Let’s have some fun and see how well we stack up against the Toy and others

No promises, because of all that's gone on for me in the last few months, but I'm still hoping to have a playoff pick 'em ready to go by Monday. I'd hoped to have it ready to go by now but I'm super behind. It still could happen, but it depends on how much time I have this evening and tomorrow afternoon to work on it.

That said, I certainly appreciate what you and @phimutau do to keep this going. It's always fun to see how The Toy stacks up against human picks, which I always expect to be far superior.

No promises, because of all that's gone on for me in the last few months, but I'm still hoping to have a playoff pick 'em ready to go by Monday. I'd hoped to have it ready to go by now but I'm super behind. It still could happen, but it depends on how much time I have this evening and tomorrow afternoon to work on it.

That said, I certainly appreciate what you and @phimutau do to keep this going. It's always fun to see how The Toy stacks up against human picks, which I always expect to be far superior.
Perfect. We can wait until Tuesday to start submitting just in case you do get it going and if not we can do as we have the last couple of years no sweat. Thanks for all you do!

So I did get this thing (hopefully) working in time, but just barely! The main landing page will be for showing the current standings. To make your picks, there is a button near the top to "Add picks". That entire page will be the form, with a Save button at the bottom. You don't have to pick a winner for all games, but one you do, you can't undo it. You can change your pick, or the spread, any time until the deadline, but you can't remove your pick.

The deadline to submit will be as soon as the first game of the week is scheduled to start.

The standings are calculated each time a new score is added. As soon as I have data for all of the next week's games, I'll update the form for those.

Also, I didn't have much of a chance to spend a lot of time testing so if you come across any errors, please let me know ASAP so I can try to get them fixed. Screenshots are always helpful when reporting errors, too!

Good luck y'all!

So I did get this thing (hopefully) working in time, but just barely! The main landing page will be for showing the current standings. To make your picks, there is a button near the top to "Add picks". That entire page will be the form, with a Save button at the bottom. You don't have to pick a winner for all games, but one you do, you can't undo it. You can change your pick, or the spread, any time until the deadline, but you can't remove your pick.

The deadline to submit will be as soon as the first game of the week is scheduled to start.

The standings are calculated each time a new score is added. As soon as I have data for all of the next week's games, I'll update the form for those.

Also, I didn't have much of a chance to spend a lot of time testing so if you come across any errors, please let me know ASAP so I can try to get them fixed. Screenshots are always helpful when reporting errors, too!

Good luck y'all!
Thanks Mike!

Picks are submitted! @Mike I’m just curious, how hard would it be the make everyone’s picks/spreads available for all to see? I personally enjoy seeing how others feel about different matchups. There’s always ones that involve teams on the other side of the state where we don’t all have the same exposure to each team, so there’s a certain amount of “throwing darts in the dark” that’s involved for some of these games in the first round or 2. It could be something that would take more time and tweaking to do than you have at this moment and that’s totally understandable if so.

Picks are submitted! @Mike I’m just curious, how hard would it be the make everyone’s picks/spreads available for all to see? I personally enjoy seeing how others feel about different matchups. There’s always ones that involve teams on the other side of the state where we don’t all have the same exposure to each team, so there’s a certain amount of “throwing darts in the dark” that’s involved for some of these games in the first round or 2. It could be something that would take more time and tweaking to do than you have at this moment and that’s totally understandable if so.

That's something that I'll be adding in the coming days. I'm still working on things. I mainly just wanted to get it to where I could start accepting picks before it was too late.

What's the deadline I can get it done and submitted tmrw

The deadline will be the time the first game is scheduled to start each week. I'll add something this evening that shows the deadline on the picks page so you'll know how long you have for sure but I think you'll be good for any time tomorrow. I don't foresee anyone changing their game to tomorrow.

Back