Rematch

Bob Marley

11-man fan
It's set #1 against #2. Follett sure did dominate tonight even though giving up a few scores but their offense just looked unstoppable. Grandfalls looks like they dominated tonight as well. I'm sure a lot of us having been looking forward to this rematch. Any thoughts and predictions already for this game? I have Follett by 16

Location been set for this game yet? Looks like I'll actually be able to catch this one, pretty excited to see Woods play this year, was really impressed with him in the State game last year despite the loss.

Follett's offense is a sight to see. I think Woods is the best spread back this year. Kid has a cannon for an arm and can make all the throws and he can also run the ball with the best of them. Bechthold has emerged to be a pretty slippery running back and they now have a 3rd option in Maxwell. But they won't be the difference in this game. I think it's going to be determined by their role players. It's going to be a shoot out that's no doubt. Must see game of the week.

Bob Marley":26rcdkun said:
Follett's offense is a sight to see. I think Woods is the best spread back this year. Kid has a cannon for an arm and can make all the throws and he can also run the ball with the best of them. Bechthold has emerged to be a pretty slippery running back and they now have a 3rd option in Maxwell. But they won't be the difference in this game. I think it's going to be determined by their role players. It's going to be a shoot out that's no doubt. Must see game of the week.
Agreed. Grandfalls has a lot of depth and lots of kids who can run the ball well and hard. None of them stand out they are all just solid

SiXmAnMaDnEsS":rzrwidap said:
Catch this game boys and girls, it's going to be for the State Championship. Whoever wins will win the title in the next game.

I agree 100% and said so after the game last year. Muleshoe lies maybe 500 miles from me so I will not be going, but would love to be there to see the real DII State Game.

sixman1992":rzrwidap said:
Agreed. Grandfalls has a lot of depth and lots of kids who can run the ball well and hard. None of them stand out they are all just solid

I do not agree with this statement at all. Their best players are #21 and #24, with a heavy emphasis on the latter, but they struggled with depth last year although a few of their freshman should be helping them on that front this year. In my opinion, Grandfalls does not possess a prototype spread-back and relies heavily on the run to score out of their wishbone spread. Follett could use this to their advantages on defense by forcing them to pass, but then again I feel like Grandfalls plays some of the best spread D in sixman history. I think it will be a game for the ages, and it will come down to whether or not Grandfalls can pass enough to win and/or bother Woods enough to throw off that spread attack. However, its hard to play defense at this high of a level. On a side note, it will be interesting to see if Grandfalls will try to use tight offense against the Panthers. Therefore, I am going to take the Follett Panthers 63 to 52 in a barn burner. I wish both teams luck and will be rooting for the winner at Jerry World!

I have seen both teams play this year and both are much much better than last year. GF throws the ball a lot and just as acurate as Follett. Defense will win this game. In my opinion GF has the better defense but this game is a toss up on who wins. If the game is played on Friday, weather will be a factor. This is a very exciting matchup and good luck to both teams. It will be a great battle and I see it being even a better game than last year in Snyder.

I'm looking for Follett to physically grind down the much smaller GF. GF is too quick to run on outside and to do any counters. Follett's going to have just play smash mouth and set up some passes down field. For Follett's defense they have to make tackles in the open field

I am sticking by what I said, but I think bad weather would favor the Cowboys because it will hurt Follett's passing game.

Back