Questions about Private Schools in 6-Man Football

Just a couple things on this topic.

1. K-12 enrollment numbers do not mean anything when playing sixman. The HS enrollment numbers are used for classification in TAPPS and UIL.
  2. TAPPS has no pass/no play just like UIL.
  3. Public funding money supports UIL schools. They can pass bonds for field/stadium improvements. There are some very nice UIL stadiums (Borden County, Zephyr, Rankin, Garden City) to name a couple. UIL schools get that oil money too. TAPPS schools are tuition based. Most sixman schools can't use their budgets for athletic facility upgrades. But, some are fortunate enough to have donors that contribute. I would say public or private school any donor that wants to give a couple million dollars can do so.
  4. TAPPS schools cannot give scholarships. It's against the by-laws.
  5. There are some larger schools that play sixman in TAPPS due to lack of numbers on their roster. They have their own division. Public schools choice if they would like to schedule them.
  6. Whether a public or private schools wins or losses against either there are no underlying reasons. Even traditional powerhouses in UIL have down years. And, private schools can have outstanding classes in certain seasons that are dominant no matter who they play. It all comes and goes in cycles.
BTW, here is a link to the TAPPS most recent alignment. https://tapps.biz/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Classification-Recap-With-Names-2.pdf There are only five schools with over 1000 HS enrollment. And, none play sixman play football.
I think you left our Charter Schools.
Also we (independents) DO pay attention and research attendance numbers since we basically follow UIL rules. Finally you are wrong about 1000 attendance schools playing six man. I know, we unknowingly played one.
Not to be argumentative but I coached youth sports for 50 years so I’ve seen almost everything, including teams with team owners, fleets of charter buses painted to match major colleges with uniforms to match. It’s all out there. Texas is the most important Sixman venue, but certainly not the only one. I believe Kansas’s version of the UIL just approved it there.
Finally, if you really believe that there are not nor have there been Sixman teams where the schools, I invite you to research the various Charter schools and review the testimonies given to the Texas Legislature by their Administrators and leaders.

What does the size of a town have to do with the size of a private school? I know none of the private schools have anywhere near 1,00 students in their high school. The Tarrant County schools that play six-man are slightly over 100 are below in their high school. Covenant maybe the largest and they had 107 turned in.

Texas Rebel

Look at the schedule for Calvert and Richland Springs. Richland lost their first game of the year to a private school out of Marble Falls (I believe).
Understand: I not saying someone is cheating, but, at least to me, a 6-man team from a private school in a 4A High School and up size town has an advantage.
Richland Springs lost to Marble Falls Faith Academy during 1st game of this season. Faith Academy recently spent 5.9 million enhancibg their sports complete including a new football field.

Richland Springs lost to Marble Falls Faith Academy during 1st game of this season. Faith Academy recently spent 5.9 million enhancibg their sports complete including a new football field.
I’m not sure what you are getting at here. Spending $6,000,000 on a field or complex or new buses or whatever doesn’t automatically make your players better.
I am a Live Oak fan and follower but I believe Marble Falls has the best football team in all private schools, TAPPS , TCAL, whatever. I truly believe they would give May and Motley a run for their money.
If you have good players you have good players regardless of what the name is on the side of your school building.
Any school has the option of playing another team except district. In district the numbers are close.

Not if you realize that some of those schools I have referred to have multiple campus locations but only one football team.
Just saying……
The never ending saga of coming up with excuses why one school football team is better than another. Follett has 146 enrolled. Total not just high school. Why are they so competitive year after year? Something in the water? Aliens from another planet? Good coaching? Who knows. It is what it is. Why don’t we just sit back and enjoy the games and let the kids play.

The never ending saga of coming up with excuses why one school football team is better than another. Follett has 146 enrolled. Total not just high school. Why are they so competitive year after year? Something in the water? Aliens from another planet? Good coaching? Who knows. It is what it is. Why don’t we just sit back and enjoy the games and let the kids play.
I agree !!!

Texlonghorn75

Look at the schedule for Calvert and Richland Springs. Richland lost their first game of the year to a private school out of Marble Falls (I believe).
Understand: I not saying someone is cheating, but, at least to me, a 6-man team from a private school in a 4A High School and up size town has an advantage.
Eleven man teams play teams above their enrollments numbers every year all over the state of Texas in non district games so why all the concern about a larger six man school ( public or private) beating Calvert and Richland Springs. Those eleven schools don't seem concerned that they lost the game other than they wished they had won. Burkhart( Richland Springs) used to schedule May(larger school) every year for the first of the year but dropped them like a hot potato when he noticed how good May was getting. Marble Falls has a better team and athletes than most if not all UIL six man teams. It's good to see other schools having success. No conspiracy here, just leave it at that.

I don't know TAPPS rules about multiple campuses,. But the schools I know in Dallas/Ft.worth with multiple campuses each campus has it own athletic program. Dallas Prestonwood and Flower Mound Coram Deo both play 11- man while Prosper Prestonwood and Plano Coram Deo play 6-man. Same with all the Newman International Schools, some play 11 others 6. So, I don't know of any that combine campuses to play.