pre-DCTF picks

I have already. Looks to me like a three horse race between Zephyr, Evant and Lometa. Could be interesting to watch. Could come down to where some of these games are played.

After Jonesboro finally got a decisive win, this may be a plain ole four team district and a four horse race with no real favorites.

watched zephyr vs Gordon watched Jonesboro vs iredell not impressed. watched evant vs blum wow great game. haven't seen lometa yet. evant is the new kid in town zephy and Jonesboro are off this year

The Williams kid is a load to defend, having kids that are willing hit and wrap up will help the situation, but he is a load to stop. Zephyr is about as good as last year. Jonesboro is definately down from last year, I keep expecting the switch to be flipped on and they will start playing better ball. It might happen in district play, but I don't know. I havn't seen Evant play either last year or this year, so i can't speak to how good they are compared to the other two. Lometa is just good enough to upset someone if you take them lightly, just like a burr under a saddle blanket.

This is one reason Jonesboro was down. He should be back by now.
From Gatesville Messenger.
Jonesboro standout injures hamstring; out “3-4 weeks”
The Jonesboro Eagles will be without standout senior Ethan Lilljedahl for “about three or four weeks.’’ Coach Eddie Gallegos said the running back/defensive back has a hamstring pull that he sustained late in the Blum game on Sept. 7 at Blum.

Lilljedahl, the team’s leading returning rusher, is the key returning player for the perennial powerhouse in six-man football.

So...Evant people, long drive to play a good team! How was the field conditions? Will Leakey win their district? How does Leakey compare to the rest of your district?

So...Evant people, long drive to play a good team! How was the field conditions? Will Leakey win their district? How does Leakey compare to the rest of your district?

I don't know if there are others from Evant on this board or not.
I have been gone from there for 61 years and can't answer your questions.

yes long drive to play a good team. field conditions very wet sand in other words poor. Yes they will win their district. they are probably best team in region 4. well coached, very athletic players no weak spots.

wrenchman540":o0bl1orp said:
watched zephyr vs Gordon watched Jonesboro vs iredell not impressed. watched evant vs blum wow great game. haven't seen lometa yet. evant is the new kid in town zephy and Jonesboro are off this year

Hmmmmmm

Back