Playoffs? We talking Playoffs????

SicEm74

Six-man fan
What's the D1 playoff brackets looking like?

The way I see it Final Four is all that matters...I have Waco Live OaK vs Rockwall, Emory vs San Marcos.

I'm it sure how the brackets have been laid for we could see the Final four match ups in first or second rounds. Tell me what you guys think...

I'll log off and listen

Waco live oak wouldn't jump divisions. They are still breaking the Divison 2 up into 2 divisions. Waco being the largest school in the entire division would be Division 2. Now heres where things get confusing. As a few have stated already. I don't think anyone knows what will happen with san marcos district or plain views district. district 4 for example.
2 teams go up with the largest enrollment. i think New Braunfels is the largest school but 1 more school has to go. it will either be SMHC or Cedar park. You would assume that the district will probably end
1.) Seguin
2.) SMHC
3.) New Braunfels
4.) Cedar Park

If Cedar Park is out then SMHC and New Braunfels would be division 1 and Seguin division 2. Seguin has the fewest kids enrolled I believe

bschupbach":2e0edcpq said:
Waco Live Oak so good that they jump Divisions???? That would make Div.II bracket look a little different.

Got my "Sans" and "Wacos" mixed up.

San Marcos vs Emory, Rockwall vs Vanguard.

SicEm74":1gody3ci said:
What's the D1 playoff brackets looking like?

The way I see it Final Four is all that matters...I have Waco Live OaK vs Rockwall, Emory vs San Marcos.

I'm it sure how the brackets have been laid for we could see the Final four match ups in first or second rounds. Tell me what you guys think...

I'll log off and listen

I see you've just joined and was curious about your handle.
Do you know who Grant Teaff is?

Vanguard couldn't face Rockwall unless it is the State game from what I am seeing. You would have to pick from:
Dallas Lutheran
Midland
Watauga
Denton Calvary
Abilene
Lakehill
Ovilla

Bracket shows District 1 and 2 all the way to semi finals

Were did you come up with it?
"Sic Em" "Bears" (?) as in Baylor?
74' as in first time they won the South West Conference in 50 years?
Grant Teaff was the head Coach.
My first college football game to see live was the Cotton Bowl that year.

Im ready for some DI playoffs! Should be another great year of great football. I have read where Heritage is the real deal. Tough game this week with the Coyotes. Read some posts where Emery might not be as good as last year. Gonna be fun. Good luck the rest of the way to all Division I schools.

51eleven":1rju0h07 said:
Pardon the interruption but,...thanks for the memories...
Miracle on the Brazos
Baylor had finished in last place in 4 of the last 7 seasons including the year before and had not won the conference championship in 50 years. Also, prior to this season, they had never appeared in the Cotton Bowl. Furthermore, coming into the 1974 season Baylor had lost 16 consecutive games to the Texas Longhorns. The 1974 Texas vs Baylor game looked like another easy win for Texas as the Longhorns took quick control of the game and went into halftime leading 24-7. Baylor was energized starting the 2nd half however, sparked by a blocked punt early in the 3rd quarter. The Bears rallied to a thrilling 34-24 victory over the Longhorns. Baylor went on to win the conference title that year and a first ever trip to the Cotton Bowl (the first time in seven seasons that Texas did not win the Southwest Conference title). The entire 1974 Baylor football season was dubbed the "Miracle on the Brazos" by many sports writers at the time. The win over Texas and the SWC championship have thus become a special part of Baylor's athletic history.

Grant Teaff era
One of the most successful coaches in Baylor football history was Grant Teaff. He led the Bears to Conference Titles in 1974, his third year in the program, and again in 1980 when he led the Bears to the Cotton Bowl to face the Alabama Crimson Tide. Grant Teaff recruited famous players such as Mike Singletary, Thomas Everett, Walter Abercrombie and James Francis to play football at Baylor University. Coach Teaff was also named National Coach of the Year after the 1974 season. He would go on to serve until 1992 leading Baylor to eight bowl games and two Conference Championships (1974, 1980) in his 21 years as head coach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_Bears_football

51eleven":3q72m4ye said:

I won't go into details but I have a connection to Baylor and 74 is an old number of my old playing days.

I'm a Centex (Hwy6) product.

Enough personals about me. Is there a D1 bracket to view? I signed in as guest at TAPPS but it's shows me a blank screen. I just assume that Waco is a "North" school.

SicEm74":10hiz30n said:
51eleven":10hiz30n said:

I won't go into details but I have a connection to Baylor and 74 is an old number of my old playing days.

I'm a Centex (Hwy6) product.

Enough personals about me. Is there a D1 bracket to view? I signed in as guest at TAPPS but it's shows me a blank screen. I just assume that Waco is a "North" school.

http://tapps.us8.list-manage.com/track/ ... 934686ed2b

Emery has already played vanguard and week or 2 ago and they 45ed them. Not much to watch if they see each other in the semis

Stop the long ball and get physical with the qb and yes they have a chance to beat emery. Emery is by NO means a Richland springs

It would take a perfect game for Rockwall to beat Emery. It should be a runaway for them in the playoffs. Rockwall is the only one with a shot and that is a long.........shot.

Be nice to have some D1 roll call. Seems like it's more D2 guys sharing their IMO of D1 schools.

I too want to say Emory takes it again this year but I have a bone in my body saying Rockwall could. And I'm going to entertain it.

Back