Playing in AT&T stadium

I have had enough of the games being played at Jerry world it’s a great stadium but not made for sixman I would vote to play them in any of the stadiums in west Texas they all have awesome stadiums Jaytons was awesome BTW. And the games to be played in the middle of the week when most of the kids are testing is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Last year the parents couldn’t even get on the field to celebrate with the team before they were kicked off to get ready for the next game I get it have to fit all the games in a small time frame but it’s taking from the experience of the players. I will be driving solo to the game because I couldn’t find anyone who could go because they were taking tests or had to work. And people wonder why the crowds are so small at a state game well how bout starting them during times where people can bring the entire family.

I could not agree more!!!
I’m sure it’s a fun experience for the kids but the small crowds in such a huge place makes it look, well, pathetic.
Wednesday games, in the middle of the afternoon sucks. I think it’s best to play in smaller, packed stadiums.
Texas is loaded with great stadiums that are perfect for the size crowds that would be able to attend if held on a Friday or Sat night.

I love that these kids get to play on the same field as the cowboys so my suggestion would be to hold it over 2 weekends so the start times for the Friday games could be 6 and 8 and then they would have all night to reconfigure the field for all day Saturday games.

You have a valid point, but I’m just telling, being close to some of these Mclean kids, they WANTED to be here. This is a once in a life time opportunity to play on this field in this stadium! I wouldn’t change it for anything!

Back up three weeks, the playoffs leading up to these Championship games, Seems the playoff games for the most part are scheduled on Friday, due to travel and parents and old fans like me who work,it makes it almost impossible to make a Friday night playoff game, some of the better games are the playoffs not the Championship game, so let's work on at least getting playoff games on a Saturday, and yes it does suc k to play on a Wednesday

bigbadwolf":1to5oemm said:
I could not agree more!!!
I’m sure it’s a fun experience for the kids but the small crowds in such a huge place makes it look, well, pathetic.
Wednesday games, in the middle of the afternoon sucks. I think it’s best to play in smaller, packed stadiums.
Texas is loaded with great stadiums that are perfect for the size crowds that would be able to attend if held on a Friday or Sat night.

Exactly! It's a fun experience for the kids. Period, end of discussion. The Championships are perfect where they are. For a ring, we would play on any day, at any time...and our crowd will be there cheering us on. And they will be there when the game is over (as will the communities tomorrow), it will not matter to them if they are on the field or not. I doubt the UIL will start bending over backwards to make sure neutral fans are happy and satisfied. It's not about you....it's about those teams playing this week. Just my $.02

Same for these Milford kids. Milford being less than an hour from Arlington a lot of the boys are huge cowboy fans. I couldn’t think of a better place to plat for the Texas highschool championship than the home of America’s team. This is for the kids, playing in cowboys stadium is something they will never forget.

Ask your kids....”would you rather play in Cowboys stadium on Wednesday morning or would you rather play somewhere on a Friday or Saturday where your family and friends will be able to come and watch you play “?

FCSA football":13tixm5y said:
Ask your kids....”would you rather play in Cowboys stadium on Wednesday morning or would you rather play somewhere on a Friday or Saturday where your family and friends will be able to come and watch you play “?

Wrong question— it should be “would you rather play in Cowboys stadium on a Wednesday in front of your family and friends or Saturday where an extra 500-1000 people might show up”

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but not sure my question deserves another thread.
Can tickets be bought at AT&T stadium or do they need to be bought before hand?
To watch both games tomorrow do I need to buy 2 tickets or one for both?

You can buy tickets at the stadium.
You can stay and watch all three games with one ticket but you can’t leave and come back in.

It would be nice if Fox Sports SW would carry the games live on cable and replay them a couple times over the holidays like they do with the crowded field games.

Is our benefactor and Guru, Granger, going to be on the online broadcast?

After my first year in 2012 of attending a six man championship in Shotwell Stadium then coming back and seeing the 2A thru 6A play in AT&T Stadium. My thought has been why doesn't all of the teams get the same respect and be able to play in the best football stadium built. Our small school kids deserve the same as the biggest schools (Allen being the largest) last time I checked.
Growing up in the 1960's in a small country class B school with 17 in my graduating class, I remember the larger schools getting more opportunities passed their way than us country kids. I have always felt no matter how small or how large the playing field should be the same. If 6A gets to play there so should ever other class from 1A up. Yes it makes it hard to attend the games for some parents and then foot the bill to get there with the family. As for as testing and kids not being able to attend, sounds to me like your Superintendent, Principal and School Board need to get on board and change those dates so if their school is in the playoffs/Championships in any "UIL Event" so they will have the opportunity to attend and support their school. As for my self I am retired, have been for a while now, I will start making plans for the next season as soon as this one finishes and come Hell or High Water I will be at as many games as I can thru the season, play offs & State Championships. So let these boys from the smallest play on a field under the lights where some of their Sunday afternoon so called hero's play. Why should their dream be squashed because you as a Superintendent, Principal, School Board & Parent wait to the last minute to plan for the biggest event in their high school career. Oh and for the field not being ideal for six man apparently some of you have never been to AT&T Stadium before. Its to bad you can't walk the sidelines, dip snuff, bring in your own lunch and go down on the field after the game and take pictures.
Besides IT IS NOT YOUR DAY TO SHINE ANYWAY ..........
My 2 cents see you tomorrow at AT&T Stadium.

It's cool for all concerned. To play the biggest game of the year for the smallest towns with Football in Texas in the deathstar is at first disconcerting and incongruous. But the setting is fabulous for the players, coaches and fans. Every Cowboys game, big twelve championship game or other game they watch on tv in the future they can all say we (our team) played there. Only four teams each year get to do it, it should be special. Wait till you see yourselves on the giant tv in the sky.

That said, I argued the first couple of years they had it there against it. For the "purity' of the game of HS FB it should be played outside, on a grass field somewhere close to the center of the state. Sixman sites don't work for state. Last year I think 5000 + showed up. No sixman stadium has that capacity. I never really cared for Shotwell or Abilene, and the maybe 2-3000 that showed up never filled it. People want to come to jerryworld for the experience and the game. And they do. Exposure for the game. Inclusion in the world of football as being. Worth taking a day off for to support a team that you never know if they will have the opportunity again. And to celebrate the achievement of Your team This year in making the dance, no matter the outcome.
See ya again this year, there, in the morning.

bigbadwolf":2zn30led said:
Not trying to hi-jack the thread but not sure my question deserves another thread.
Can tickets be bought at AT&T stadium or do they need to be bought before hand?
To watch both games tomorrow do I need to buy 2 tickets or one for both?

Show up with $15, I think $10 for parking (exact change or credit/debit card), and about 8 bucks for a coke.

FCSA football":2ug0vdum said:

Nice slant. Why not ask: "would you rather play at AT&T on Wednesday? Or somewhere else on Friday or Saturday?" Friends and family are coming regardless.

Heck, some kids will probably choose AT&T even if family and friends can't make it.....but let's take care of all the fans with no dog in the hunt....

I’m sorry but if you asked me when I was younger if I had the choice to play at Jerry World (or back then Texas Stadium) or at Shotwell or Lubbock or anywhere else I’d pick Jerry World every single time. Playing in a stadium like that, if for no other reason, makes you feel like you accomplished something only a select few teams do each year and that’s play on the grandest stage in the state even if it’s just for one day.

For many years the TSMCA (Texas Sixman Coaches Association) has fought for the 6-man community to be treated as equals to the 11-man boys. We were finally able to be recognized by the UIL as UIL 1A classification on our own. Playing in AT&T gives the 6-man community the same opportunities that the larger schools give. I understand that it is hard for some fans and others to make the games, but if you stop and think about it, Canadian, Gruver, Follet and McLean are all up north and all are excited about the opportunity. They all have to travel about the same distance. When the powers that be at the UIL considered sixman football as their own classification, it was a huge step for equality in all areas for the smaller schools. Anytmie a state game is played, there will be issues for someone from somewhere being able to make the game. I am super proud of the TSMCA for going to battle and getting us on the same "playing field" as the big boys!

Good Luck to all participants in the State Games this week!!

I think it would be great to play at Jerry World if the game was on Friday or Saturday. While I understand the argument "it is all for the kids," I think parents are a big part of the process.

I honestly do not like the state game at Jerry World because it is weird with so few people in such a large stadium. Shotwell Stadium in Abilene, TX was a much better site in terms of size in relation to the crowd, travel for sixman schools, and both games could be played on a Saturday afternoon/evening.

Although people like CoachMiller got their wish, this, in my opinion, is a clear cut case of "equality" not always being the best possible outcome.

Back