Player of the Year 2019

BigFan22

11-man fan
Who will it be? What players are we looking at? Any college prospects? Pretty disappointed nobody is talking about some kids going to big colleges this year. Any kids graduating next year who are legit D2/D1 prospects? Crockett from McLean could play at a high level I think, but I don’t think he will stay at RB for college play. He is my pick for the best player in the upcoming season.

How will Crockett do without 4 huge All State teammates out front clearing the way for him is the question?? He is that Good but without Blocking it could be a tough road?

tdog5344":35xom27e said:
How will Crockett do without 4 huge All State teammates out front clearing the way for him is the question?? He is that Good but without Blocking it could be a tough road?
No close games for McLean until the playoffs. Someone will have to tackle him more than once a game.

Ricky Pendleton! Ricky is going into his senior year, he’s a 3x 1st Team All State player, and a 2x State Football Medalist. He’s 6’3 and 215 pounds. You can walk into Milford’s basketball gym and see him doing 360 dunks.
He’s a great athlete with D1 size and speed. 3 straight season with 100+ tackles and 2 straight seasons with 20 TDs or more. Ricky is going the Center of Milford’s offense this season now that his older brother (Ta’Ron Smith) has graduated. Expect to see HUGE video game like numbers from Ricky Pendleton running the Milford was offense this season.

MilfordInsider":2mhva4a1 said:
Ricky Pendleton! Ricky is going into his senior year, he’s a 3x 1st Team All State player, and a 2x State Football Medalist. He’s 6’3 and 215 pounds. You can walk into Milford’s basketball gym and see him doing 360 dunks.
He’s a great athlete with D1 size and speed. 3 straight season with 100+ tackles and 2 straight seasons with 20 TDs or more. Ricky is going the Center of Milford’s offense this season now that his older brother (Ta’Ron Smith) has graduated. Expect to see HUGE video game like numbers from Ricky Pendleton running the Milford was offense this season.

3 time 1st Team All-State in what sport??

He was all state in 17 and 18 not 2016 so that's Xs 2. He's a good ball player but not in the top 5.. Shrotke was much better on D than Pendleton.

Well now your conparing apples to oranges but I like to talk football so here’s my reply.

I assume you said Corbin was better on defense because of his stats right? More tackles..
Well what if I told you that Corbin is a DE/LB and Ricky has been an interior lineman... and that if the Defensive scheme works 80% the time the DE/LB (Corbin) is supposed the get the tackle while you interior Lineman (Ricky) is eating up blockers in the middle of the field.

So aside from what you see on the field how can you tell whose the better football player? ... physical attributes and skill.

Well Corbin is 5’8 and Ricky is 6’3. Ricky is faster, Stronger, jumpers higher and is a better athlete.

But there both two great players who played on a pretty good (underrated) defense. We don’t compete in house because we’re all cut from the same cloth in Milford Texas. One pack one goal. There’s no “I” in “Team” there’s no best player on the field, Milford simply tries to put the best 6 players on the field, it’s a team sport. Milford has always been a Team. Yeah there are ridiculous athletes that come through Milford that stand out but the brotherhood of Milford football will always out weigh any individual. (I apologize for the rant. You kind of ticked me off when you brought up Corbins name to “prove” that Ricky isn’t a top 5 player.)

I believe Ricky was All State spread center his freshman season (‘16) and that’s where the confusion lies... I still may be wrong, because I don’t have the list in from of me but I’m pretty sure.

Last point... if you think Ricky Pendleton won’t be a top 5 Player next season then you don’t know him... it’s ok though you’ll be hearing his name ALOT next season.

Goodluck to everyone.
Insider.

Never meant to tick anyone off I have my opinion. Shrotke was able to shed blocks and make tackles way better than Pendleton. Pendleton got man handled by the fullback of mclean on most plays to the point he was out of the play. That's what I based it on. It wasn't an attack on anyone. They played pretty well against Mclean even though they lost by 30. If Pendleton plays like he did against Leakey yes he's a top 3 if he plays like he did against Mclean he may make the top 10. Again I don't care about stats. You can watch a game and tell who the players are without ever seeing a number.

tdog5344":3ac2m28y said:
He was all state in 17 and 18 not 2016 so that's Xs 2. He's a good ball player but not in the top 5.. Shrotke was much better on D than Pendleton.
He cannot count he is from Milford. And yes Shrotke was the only football player Milford had, the rest were playground athletes.

I’m not disagreeing with you about Corbin, he’s a great player and an even better man.
The thread was about the best players of 2019 and I think that will be Ricky. We will see, should be a pretty amazing season to watch.

My top 5 players of 2019
1. Ricky Pendleton - Milford
2. Ben Crocket - McLean
3. Key Davis - Oakwood
4. Landon Burkhart - Rankin
5. Hunter McMillan - Garden City

In 1964, in our State Final Playoff game, our 5’8” 144 lb half back was playing on guts with two sprained ankles and several other injuries. We played a team with 9 all staters that out weighted us about 35 lbs a man. We averaged 160 even with two 200 pounders. Our halfback was carried off the field unconscious. As he was being attended to on the sidelines something happened on the field that drew everyone’s attention for a moment, then a loud gasp erupted from all in attendance as they saw Bobby literally crawling back on the field on his hands and knees with no helmet trying to get back in the game.
You see, the night before the game his dad died. Just before he died he said “son, no matter what happens, you play in that game tomorrow.
No matter his size, he got a full athletic scholarship. The college coach said, that’s the kind of kid I want to be an inspiration to my team.
I’ve seen Ben Crockett play. That’s why I say that while I agree that all of the others are great and talented athletes, and I’ve seen all but one of them play, Ben Crockett will be ahead of them all because he is on a mission, and won’t be denied. I’ve never met him or talked to him, his determination speaks for him.
Best Wishes and Prayers for all .

Mexican Englishman":1twj4gyc said:
tdog5344":1twj4gyc said:
He cannot count he is from Milford. And yes Shrotke was the only football player Milford had, the rest were playground athletes.

Just curious, why do you hate Milford so much? Why do you throw disrespect towards these young High School men on this board? I really don’t have a problem when I see adults talking about other adults but when you start bad mouthing about the kids that’s just something that I can’t and will not continue to tolerate.

I’m all about peace and happiness Mexican Englishman, it hurts my heart every time I see what you post about the great young men from milford! It’s the only school you attack and I just want to know what did they do to you for you to talk about grade school kids :( ... my heart really breaks for you young men at Milford and hopefully one day it won’t ever be like this on these boards... Granger and Leman and whoever run these boards need to get this stuff in check.

But yes Ben and Ricky will both be great next season

Ben is probably the best 6man player I’ve seen. He is a D1 talent as are so many other 6man football players around the state. I can see both Ben and Ricky playing D1 ball in 2020 .. the doors are starting to open up for our 6man athletes, it’s a very slow process I may add but a 6man player will make it D1 very soon... we as 6man football coaches just have to keep trusting and believing in the process and continue to keep god first with everything that we do!! The sport is growing and I’m glad that we will all be apart of it.. y’all have a great week.

God bless,

Coach Davis
Dallas Lutheran

Vincent Davis, a rare individual in this days world. Someone recently asked me what parts of our program do we emphasize. I said Character, Integrity, Loyalty, Good Sportsmanship and most of all recognition of the Sacrifice of Our Lord and Savior.
When I thought about that a minute I realized that reminded me of Vincent J. Davis. A true man among men.
His responses are well thought out and as always, he puts kids first.

I myself played D2 ball. As far as natural gifts and pure impressiveness, Crockett is the real deal. Just watching him against Milford, I was awe struck honestly. The kid is a legitimate D1 prospect.

BigFan22":3niyjc8p said:
I myself played D2 ball. As far as natural gifts and pure impressiveness, Crockett is the real deal. Just watching him against Milford, I was awe struck honestly. The kid is a legitimate D1 prospect.
I agree, when we talk about the best players we’ve had in recent years, Walker Tippie, JaQuan Thompson, Robert Robuck, Trace Richey, Colton Mccarley, Ta’Ron Smith , Carlos Villanueva etc, ...Ben Crockets name HAS to be mentioned with those players.

Back