Panthers ,,,new coach,,, new team

Not sure if yall are happy with the new coach or just pessimistic. I will tell you what he did here in Buckholts. He came in and immediately got the kids on weights and increased the intensity of the conditioning. He solidified the really good players, and made our medium players better. But the most important thing he brought, was they played together as a team. Yes it can take a coach several years to make all his changes and experience the peak of their program; but Coach Satcher came into Buckholts and took us to our first playoff win oin over 50 years, and he did it in his first year.

Now I have seen Mt Calm play for two years and then I saw them at the first scrimmage. Two completely different teams. They may not make it to the playoffs, who knows. But to act as though a quality coach doesn't make a huge difference, can come to Buckholts this year and see it in action. Coach Satcher = if they don't want you, come back down here. The door is always open!

It's a double-edged sword or catch-22, whichever floats your boat. If a new coach coming in loses, the coach is either rebuilding or terrible. If a new coach comes in and wins, typically it's because of the players he inherited. I'm fine either way. I take no credit for our wins, and will always accept responsibility for our losses. I've never been one who tries to get the community to buy in to my program. My personal success is completely dependent upon the kids buying into my program and working hard. I can't take credit for someone being 6"3 - that's genetics. I have enjoyed working with these young men at Mount Calm, and think the sky is the limit on their success. Not because of me, or them; but more importantly, how we work together towards the same goal.

Mount Calm picked to lose by 45. What does that mean? Seems will have to play the game and see what happens. I will be at the game and will support the panthers. Hey coach, welcome to Mount Calm. All I have to say.

Friday!! Hope it does not rain during the game. Wife says we will not sit in the rain. Have to do what the wife says. Panthers, play hard. All i have to say.

coachsatcher":25mxi2io said:
It's a double-edged sword or catch-22, whichever floats your boat. If a new coach coming in loses, the coach is either rebuilding or terrible. If a new coach comes in and wins, typically it's because of the players he inherited. I'm fine either way. I take no credit for our wins, and will always accept responsibility for our losses. I've never been one who tries to get the community to buy in to my program. My personal success is completely dependent upon the kids buying into my program and working hard. I can't take credit for someone being 6"3 - that's genetics. I have enjoyed working with these young men at Mount Calm, and think the sky is the limit on their success. Not because of me, or them; but more importantly, how we work together towards the same goal.

Words of a true leader...Best wishes on your team's season.

jaybirdarcher":3s5ziinm said:
Friday!! Hope it does not rain during the game. Wife says we will not sit in the rain. Have to do what the wife says. Panthers, play hard. All i have to say.
Spoken like a man who has been married a few years........... I agree. In my case DSW just says if I REALLY want to go, she will sit in car and knit. Translation: you better find something else to do......

smokeyjoe53":1jqfl4yx said:
jaybirdarcher":1jqfl4yx said:
Spoken like a man who has been married a few years........... I agree. In my case DSW just says if I REALLY want to go, she will sit in car and knit. Translation: you better find something else to do......

Sometimes I go tone deaf and do what I wanted to anyway.........

Coach Satcher is a consummate professional on and off the field. He will turn that program towards the better. Mt. Calm has a lot of potential and he knows how to tap into athletes potential better than most. Anyone who is doubting or just plain hating needs to take a step back and see the progress from last year to this year and then this year to next year. Good luck Satcher and good luck Panthers!!!!!!!

Lost tonight 65-38. Shot ourselves in the foot numerous times, but Aquilla fought hard and Casares is a tough runner. The boys never gave up and truly felt like they could compete with Aquilla. Aquilla, coach Hinkson and their players were a class act and we enjoyed having them over for a good game.

Back